Clutch break in period..and glazed clutch

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
What is meant by taking it easy when breaking in a clutch? i drive what some might consider aggressive sometimes. but thats just me shifting the at 3k rpm. with this new clutch, i shfit at about 2.5k but im taking it pretty easy. sometimes i forget an shift at 3k like usually but after its back a 2.5k. and i had a "pull" against my buddys corvette yesterday. and by pull i mean accelerate to about 3.5-4k and shifting. I was in 3rd gear at 50 before i stopped. and it didnt do like a 0-50 in 3 seconds bs, it was like 0-50 in about 7 seconds (not really but you get the idea). so it was a hard pull. but ive "pulled" the way harder before(not with the new clutch). so today on the way to work, it started slipping. so i had to take it realllllly easy. its only been about 80 miles since the replacement. could i have already ****ed up it by that minor pull? or is it the actual clutch? if i take it easy can i still have a chance of saving it? or is it already glazed..? yesterday it had no issues, but today it gave me issues. maybe it was cold? idk...

clutch was custom made to my spec, unknown bedding, but it bites, initially step in is softer than the original clutch, but the recoil when releasing is pretty hard. i changed the TOB, pilot. bearing retainer, crossmember, mount, steeda:quad, firewall, wire. and change of fluids. flywheel was resurfaced from what i was told. whatever wasnt mentioned was either not touched or not replaced.

car has the stock 2.73 gears, full exhaust, MAF, TB, CAI..so its pretty much still stock.

Wichers123

Reaction score
My ram twin disc said to bed in like brakes, it slipped for the first 100 miles and now it's good, 600hp car is hard to not beat on

slow90coupe

Reaction score
It's probably still getting broken in. I'd give it a hundred more miles before I began to worry.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
A brand new clutch should not slip at partial throttle, period. What pressure plate did you use? How old is it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online

No members online now.