clutch cable problems

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sweetstang94, Mar 26, 2007.

1. sweetstang94

sweetstang94 New Member

hey guys has anyone broke there cable? i have the steeda adjustable 1 installed about a year ago. was a used 1. the other day i was driving it and it was like the cable came off the quadrant. so i played with the firewall adjust to no avail. finally limped it home. adjusted the clutch fork then the firewall 1 again. then took it out 4 a drive. was good at first then after bout 5 min felt like i was stretching the cable. almost no pedal again. put in a new clutch a year ago. so if you guys have any ideas im game

2. blackfang

blackfang Active Member

Actually I have posted on a few occasions on here and other sites that Adj cables suck. they have been known to stretch or break. You are better off with a stock one. My adj one last year stretched on me while racing and I had no pedal at all

3. sweetstang94

sweetstang94 New Member

thats what i think happened cause i had like 2 extra inches. but like i said after i adjusted it some more it only lasted for a few mins so im thinkin that i broke most of the strands and the last couple i stretched....

4. blackfang

blackfang Active Member

That's pretty much how it goes.

5. 4point6GT

4point6GT Active Member

lol man im glad i havent installed mine yet, stickin with stock one now for sure! anyone wanna buy a steeda adj. cable ? haha

6. ryclef331

ryclef331 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying they are better than stock as I've seen them on friend's cars break BUT i've had mine for around 2 years with absolutely ZERO problems....full UPR setup.