Clutch half installed

97blackgt

Reaction score
well i fnally got around to tearing down the clutch today...wish i had some pics but noone has a camara handy at school....anyways i was only replacing it because it has 92000 miles and i figured it was due..and since i have at lift at school might as well just replace it..so i tore it all apart and it was the stock clutch...much to my surprise the flywheel was cracked..had hotspots...the clutch was glazed over and had no material left, TOB was majorly shot, and one of my 02 sensors was broke.

so it was a pretty bad day, but we had to stop to get the flywheel resurfaced..38$ which i didnt think was too bad

wednesday it should be all back together and running good

just thought id let you guys know how it went so far...maybe ill get a pic of the old clutch and pressure plate tomorrow so u can see how bad it was :(

94Vert

Reaction score
97blackgt said:
much to my surprise the flywheel was cracked..had hotspots...but we had to stop to get the flywheel resurfaced..38$ which i didnt think was too bad

How do you resurface it if it was cracked.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
94Vert said:
97blackgt said:
much to my surprise the flywheel was cracked..had hotspots...but we had to stop to get the flywheel resurfaced..38$ which i didnt think was too bad

How do you resurface it if it was cracked.

He probably meant heat checks.

OP
OP

97blackgt

Reaction score
yeah they were just small cracks right in the insude of the flywheel

i still cant believe the flywheel looked like it did :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter