CLUTCH INSTALL W/PICS Updated again

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i will be pulling my car in the driveway to put in a ford racing clutch spec 3 in my car. Rated at holding over 600TQ

Im just at a loss, it doesnt feel like its slipping anymore, but when i drive it aroun d it gets loose, and when i go wot it doesnt feel like its holding, but then again all i know its an OEM Clutch with 87K on it...how much can those handle anyways?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Re: well in T minus an hour...

the stock clutch is not going to hold much more than the stock power level. And being that your car has that damn KB on it, and has had for .......what the last year or year and a half :dunno: im sure that thing is begging for mercy. Post some pics of it when you pull it out, im interested in seeing what it looks like. Plus when you do get it out you can see exaclty what kind of shape it was in.........the new one should be pretty damn nice :banana: :banana:

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score

:pics:

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score

thanks guys, well im off to go put her up on jack stands. wish me luck, tomm. i should have the clutch, so im hoping to get all the old shit out today. i will take pics. i could go with a spec 1, but i have 500 bucks to blow so why not go with a spec 3 with maybe a billet flywheel.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score

well im an 1HR 45min into it, took forever to get to this point...

Got the car about 2 1/2 3 ft in the air..
Got the o2 sensors off
H Pipe off
Driveshaft Off
Tranny is draining...

I have found that i have a huge rear main seal leak i plan on fixing while im doing this. Clutch should be here tomm. Fix the rear main seal, put some royal purple back in and put all this shit back in.... :-\

S

scarface

A leaky rear main will kill a clutch. that could be part of your problem.

G

GREG@SN95

Snakebit said:
the stock clutch is not going to hold much more than the stock power level. And being that your car has that damn KB on it, and has had for .......what the last year or year and a half :dunno: im sure that thing is begging for mercy. Post some pics of it when you pull it out, im interested in seeing what it looks like. Plus when you do get it out you can see exaclty what kind of shape it was in.........the new one should be pretty damn nice :banana: :banana:

You're joking right?

Stock clutch id fine... It can handle plenty of power...

The only reason to get an aftermarket clutch like a spec 3, KC, etc... Is that they grip better...

No doubt he needs one... but the stock clutch will handle a good amount of power....

---------- back on track... lol...

When ya drop the tranny look for any leaks... and inspect the clutch when its out...

And I'm sure ya know this, but be careful not to get any grease on the clutch... LMFAO... A buddy of mine fucked that up once...

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score

off-topic, but do you have turndowns or did you just cut off the tailpipes?

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score

19mustang95 said:
off-topic, but do you have turndowns or did you just cut off the tailpipes?
i have dumps, i will snap a picture for you...

Wll my father and i are taking a dinner break, i will go ahead and upload the pics thus far.

Clutch cable off
Starter off **(the starter silinoid wasnt even bolted in, just kinda there)
Shifter off
All 4 tranny bolts off
Engine Supported
Tranny supported

after dinner we will drop the tranny, remove the bellhousing, inspect and remove clutch/pressure plate and fly wheel, remove fly wheel (prob replace with billet steel) and inspect ream main seal...pics are comming in 5 min.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score

paul did i ever tell you that you are probably my best friend EVAR??? :)

you could get that stage 1 clutch.. and then buy another for backup.. and i would be even nice enough to wear in your backup clutch. :)

good luck bud!

S

scarface

its been almost 15 mins....

:pics:

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score

As promised:

Car up in the air (from the rear it looks like shes yanking a nasty wheelstand)
IMG_00821.jpg

This fucking tube took me forever to get off, i ended up getting a cutting wheel and slicing a notch into it
IMG_00831.jpg

Jacks supporting the motor and the tranny
IMG_00841.jpg

Heres the rear main seal :rant:
IMG_00851.jpg

IMG_00861.jpg

IMG_00871.jpg

Exhaust dumps..(no they dont hang exactly like that, remember they are just hanging
IMG_00881.jpg

IMG_00891.jpg

and as she sits right now
IMG_00901.jpg

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score

Man you need a drop bad!

;)

S

scarface

Your car remembles mine:) Mine is sitting on jackstands right now also..problem is I have no wheels..lol!

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score

IMG_00911.jpg

for shits and giggles

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Re: well in T minus an hour...CLUTCH INSTALL W/PICS

nice man, I got a leaky rear main too or at least I think its that, when do they start to go because my cars still got fairly low mileage. your changin that when you do the clutch right?

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Re: well in T minus an hour...CLUTCH INSTALL W/PICS

a leaf blower

matt ya, i didnt plan on it, but that can be part of the problem. i also have an intake gasket leak as well, but i will wait till i install my cam to do that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online