clutch is still bein a bia

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
hey guys.. umm yeah so my clutch doesn't feel great anymore really.. it doesn't seem to have that slack at the end of the pedal travel like it did before but...

its chattering i think. not sure what chattering sounds like but i think it is.. when im reversing, or even going forward at about 1100 rpms, my clutch will SOMETIMES make a loud squeek noise, kinda like its not lined up straight so parts of the clutch hit together and some dont.. im not saying thats what its doing, just kinda trying to describe the situation.. kinda hard to explain..

and it is starting to get hard when i shift.. for instance, when im just driving normally, when i shift into third, it seems like right before it goes in, my shifter handle gets kicked back into my hand then it goes in smoothly..

the clutch pedal still seems to "click" alot when i press it in and out. like its hung on something.. like i push the clutch in "CLICK".. let out.. push it in again "CLICK" let it out. etc... iono..

and TODAY, two things new that i noticed.. my clutch pedal feels like its only traveling halfway from the floor to my foot.. so i press my clutch in to the floor, it comes back only halfway which is where it stays now.. it doesn't seem to be sticking out as far as it used too.. andddd something is making a squeeling noise when i drive down the road (guess what, sounds like its from the clutch/tranny area)..

any help? i know this is probably very hard to diagnose without being able to drive/hear the car but any info would help..

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hate to say this, but it sounds like you are going to have to pull it back out.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
thats what im thinking. my dad won't go for this though haha.. actually, im sure he would be more than happy to but (not being rude, i love my dad more than anyone in this world) hes a big guy.. 6'7" at 250+ lbs.. even with the jackstands 2 feet off the ground, my 2" dropped car isn't the easiest thing to get under. i think once i start my new job, im saving my money, taking it to a tranny shop and having them look at it. i don't want to put my dad through all that again.

matt, about how much do you think having my tranny looked at/serviced would run me? if you know.. thanks for your help man, your always there for my help.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
sounds like the cable stretched to me.

If he was not having problems ever since he installed it I would say the same thing. But to many things have gone wrong since the install.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
I'd say cable....but it really sounds like your TOB is hanging,and sometimes resting against the fingers. You might have accidentally knocked the shift fork off the pivot sping clip. I'd crawl under the car,and pull the inspection cover off...and move the fork by hand to see if it hangs,or looks cocked. While you're down there,pull on the cable to see if it's also binding.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
94twinscrew said:
I'd say cable....but it really sounds like your TOB is hanging,and sometimes resting against the fingers. You might have accidentally knocked the shift fork off the pivot sping clip. I'd crawl under the car,and pull the inspection cover off...and move the fork by hand to see if it hangs,or looks cocked. While you're down there,pull on the cable to see if it's also binding.

thanks man.. its supposed to be nice out tomorrow so ill jack her up and take it off and have a look.. ill include pics if i can't tell on my own and maybe you guys could help me out.. or a video. thanks for the help guys.. ill keep you updated. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online