Clutch kit

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
Is Valeo a good brand for King cobra clutch kit?
8620918b2659dac0c21fbc7cac18c43c.jpg

sent from somewhere,while in my cobra.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Those clutches suck. Grab a RAM HDX, good for 430 ft lbs, not a heavy pedal at all. Some people swear by those King Cobras but they were good in the 90s, better options meow.

neverenuff

Reaction score
Those clutches suck. Grab a RAM HDX, good for 430 ft lbs, not a heavy pedal at all. Some people swear by those King Cobras but they were good in the 90s, better options meow.
+1 for the Ram, use the high temperature grease for the spline and get a Ford Racing throw out bearing. The ones in clutch kits will squeal after awhile.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
Valeo either was the manufacturer for Ford for the king cobra clutch or one of them. I have one in my car, upgraded to the 11" and it is fine. do get a Ford TOB as suggested.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I loved my RAM. Switched to a TKO trans so I have a centerforce stage two, dual friction. Miss my RAM so much haha

Mustanger

Reaction score
Valeo is an original supplier so the quality is just fine. I have one in mine now too. the King Cobra is a good stock clutch & unless you are pulling more torque than the rating it will be a good choice. Do get the Ford Racing Throw out bearing & Pilot bearing as stated above.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I love the SPEC in my car. Realistically, any good brand of clutch and you will be fine.

Some mentioned getting the Ford Racing TOB. No. That part is made in China just like all the other aftermarket ones. It is slightly better than them, but still, not as good as the original Motorcraft one.

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
I love the SPEC in my car. Realistically, any good brand of clutch and you will be fine.

Some mentioned getting the Ford Racing TOB. No. That part is made in China just like all the other aftermarket ones. It is slightly better than them, but still, not as good as the original Motorcraft one.

you going to longwood?

OP
OP
96laseredcobra

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
looks like a great deal on a clutch. let us know how it is.
So far still in the break in period, but holy shit it grips good and shifts so easy. That with longtubes equals a totally different ride

sent from somewhere,while in my cobra.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online