Clutch pedal height

Limey

Reaction score
The clutch pedal on my 1996 Cobra is about 3/4 inch above the brake pedal, is this correct?

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Yeah they're all staggered with the clutch being the highest

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L

Limey

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.
it just looked a bit strange for the pedal to be so high!

Werecow

Reaction score
Would the "low gas pedal fix" make it easier on you considering where the other pedals are? Just curious cause that fix costs almost nil...

OP
OP
L

Limey

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies guys.
I have ordered the Clutch pedal height adjuster so that should fix that! What is the fix for the low gas pedal.
In the UK our pedals all line up level. Is the staggered pedal height an American thing?
Thanks

Werecow

Reaction score
You can find it on YouTube, it may not affect the ones across the pond, but the gas pedal sits a lil low on the ones here and can be fixed to be more in line with the other pedals to make it easier to "heel toe" when downshifting.. it's an easy fix that can just be done with a zip strip... As a second thought, is yours a right hand drive or left hand drive? Can't remember if the SN-95'S were offered in a right hand drive version over there in the motherland??

OP
OP
L

Limey

Reaction score
Hi Werecow I did find that mod but if I do that it will need a pedal stop to prevent the throttle cable putting a strain on the throttle body arm/spindle at WOT.
My car is LHD and came from Japan as they have the orange indicator lenses and fold-in door mirrors.

Attachments

• Mustang Cobra 5.jpg
    Mustang Cobra 5.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Back.JPG
    Back.JPG
    351 KB · Views: 14

SoFla SVT

Reaction score
I don't like having to lift my foot 4-5 inches higher than the dead pedal and 2 inches higher than the brake pedal to press the clutch. It's crappy ergonomics. The clutch engages way high to make things worse. I just ordered the clutch pedal height adjuster from Maximum Motorsports... hope it fixes the issue for me. I'm going to have someone who knows what they're doing set it up with the adjustable clutch cable and aftermarket quadrant on the car.

OP
OP
L

Limey

Reaction score
Tillerman - My speedo is in KPH with MPH in smaller type on the inside. I've learned to multiply by point six in my head very fast!
I have fitted the MM height adjuster with an adjustable cable and it has brought the pedal down a lot. I am going to modify the pedal stop at the quadrant for a bit more lowering. I removed the rubber pedal stop on the pead lever to give me a bit more travel. The Ford engineer who was given the job to design the pedal travel didn't really want to do it!

Tillerman77

Reaction score
Tillerman - My speedo is in KPH with MPH in smaller type on the inside. I've learned to multiply by point six in my head very fast!
I have fitted the MM height adjuster with an adjustable cable and it has brought the pedal down a lot. I am going to modify the pedal stop at the quadrant for a bit more lowering. I removed the rubber pedal stop on the pead lever to give me a bit more travel. The Ford engineer who was given the job to design the pedal travel didn't really want to do it!
Thanks! Any chance you could post a photo of your KPH gauge? There was a question a while back from someone who had imported a US spec SN95 and wondered if a KPH gauge had even been made.

OP
OP
L

Limey

Reaction score
Tillerman - I am not sure if the KPH and MPH is a straight swap but i've been looking for one to try. I found one from a '99 Cobra but the wiring connectors were different.

Attachments

• IMG_0869.JPG
    IMG_0869.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online