Clutch recomendation and throwout bearing

Ron Lipton

Reaction score
Hey I need a clutch and was wondering what throw-out bearing and clutch you guys have had good luck with. Mine seem to last 60K max.

OP
OP
R

Ron Lipton

Reaction score
what ever clutch you decide pay the extra for the ford racing tob. I went with an exidy stage 3 I think it was.
I went with the Ford clutch kit from Summit and actually have it now. But the TB only has the number 614014 which appears to be a generic number for this application. I have no other markings on the part and I bet its Chinesium. I called Ford and they have only one TB and the guy does not know where its made....... Then I saw from my other post about the TB only and it looks like there is a better part closer tolerance or better bearings using N1714SA. I am rather dataless on this and have no info on who is making that bearing.
What I have>Ford Performance Parts Clutch Kits M-7560-A302N

Notthenow

Reaction score
Ron, I installed the same Ford Racing kit. Everything has been good. I was looking for the same thing, a real Ford TOB. My research indicated they are made by a US manufacturer for Ford. I heard Valeo used to make them, but now it might be Federal Mogul. I used to add grease to my cheap Zoom TOB (after install) which helped to extend life.

weendoggy

Reaction score
I've used Centerforce DF stuff for over 25yrs without issues. Not sure on where the TO is made, but all have held up without failure. I also like the ACT flywheels!

CobraEd

Reaction score
I have my 03 Cobra Trans out now. I checked the original throwout bearing which I replaced with RXT install. The original bearing had numbers 614014 on it. I also looked at the one I removed which was the original one from the factory also had 614014 on it. The replacement TOB was boxed as PN: M-7548-A. The TOB you have is the real OEM thing. I never had a problem with an OEM Ford TOB. Avoid aftermarket TOBs.

CobraEd

Reaction score
Excuse me wrote that wrong. Both the OEM TOB that came with the car new, and the replacement TOB had 614014 on them.

Paladin1001

Reaction score
I bought a Valeo kit which had everything, almost a year and 10k later its still great, the TOB looked just like the one I took out, it wasn't a cheap knock off. I also replaced the flywheel with a Ford racing piece, the original looked ok but had some light cracking on the surface and I got a deal on Amazon for 79 bucks so i couldn't pass that up. I saved the original because i think it could be resurfaced.

TheOdessa

Reaction score
Exedy stage 2 here with exedy LW flywheel. Also used a FRPP TOB, FRPP pilot bearing, Ford pivot stud and ford clutch fork.

Whichever you choose, get the FRPP TOB and pilot bearing. Given the age of our cars it’s good to also replace the pivot stud and clutch fork as well.

If you’re at stock levels, any decent clutch kit will do. I’d go with a exedy stage 1 if you’re staying stock levels. Personally I know exedy makes good stuff and that’s a great piece of mind.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk