Clutch Recomendations

RIFTER11

Reaction score
clutch started to slip today :rant:. anybody have a suggestion of what to go with?? Car is pretty much stock, but have plans for future mods. I am thinking a SPEC stage 2 or 3 and maybe an aluminum or steel flywheel. suggestions???

Rantheman

Reaction score
well me i kinda have two one is I really like the king cobra clutch and two i really love the centerforce duel friction

94TURBO5 0

Reaction score
I dropped in a SPEC 3 and have abused it with an S-Trim, KB and now Turbo. It's just about wanting to slip @ hight boost and 4500K but it has lasted longer than any other I've had in here. I've a King Cobra, Centerforce and a cheap OEM in that order before putting in the SPEC and it's by far the strongest one yet IMO. I've never been paranoid about abusing it and I didn't even go through the proper break-in period with it. I dropped in a Tremec and the SPEC at the same time and drove it to the track and made 5 runs. I installed the SPEC while I was running just n2o @ 136K and I now have 180K on the odometer.

SPEC all the way IMO! :thumb:

Travisl1213

Reaction score
spec is great i have one but u dont need that high of clutch, there would be no need to put a stage 3 clutch on ur stock car

S

scarface

I have clutchmasters...I love it.

Edit: I just remembered I switched to a centerforce dual friction clutch when I switched trannys.

OP
OP
R

RIFTER11

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for all of your great input. I bought a FRPP King Cobra and a billet steel flywheel. We'll see how it goes. :dancing6:

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
RIFTER11 said:
Hey guys, thanks for all of your great input. I bought a FRPP King Cobra and a billet steel flywheel. We'll see how it goes. :dancing6:
You'll be pleased, I'm happy with mine.

Although its been kinda sticky lately :dunno:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.