clutch/tranny problems?? HELP

hotrodd64

Reaction score
ok i was driving home from work today and i was shifting into 2nd gear and i pushed the clutch in and it went almost to the floor with little resistance, and i shifted into 2nd, then i tried to push the clutch in and shift into third and the clutch felt like it wasnt doing anything and i couldnt get it out of gear, so i had to pull over and the car stalled. Without the engine running i can shift it, and in neutral with the engine running the tranny makes a whinning noise, and your cant shift into gear, so i had to start the car in gear, which it started in first without the clutch working at all, and the clutch felt like it was slipping when i would take off?? Couldnt shift it, so i drove home in first gear at 4000 rpms and 28 mph??? and i could feel vibration in the shifter handle and through my foot with my foot resting on the clutch pedal??

whats wrong??

NYC94GT

Reaction score
hotrodd64 said:
ok i was driving home from work today and i was shifting into 2nd gear and i pushed the clutch in and it went almost to the floor with little resistance, and i shifted into 2nd, then i tried to push the clutch in and shift into third and the clutch felt like it wasnt doing anything and i couldnt get it out of gear, so i had to pull over and the car stalled. Without the engine running i can shift it, and in neutral with the engine running the tranny makes a whinning noise, and your cant shift into gear, so i had to start the car in gear, which it started in first without the clutch working at all, and the clutch felt like it was slipping when i would take off?? Couldnt shift it, so i drove home in first gear at 4000 rpms and 28 mph??? and i could feel vibration in the shifter handle and through my foot with my foot resting on the clutch pedal??

whats wrong??
Sounds like a release spring(s) is broken in the clutch disk, or something like that. I would have someone pull the tranny/bell and see what the hell is going on. Replace the clutch and throwout bearing along with the Main seal since your there as 5.0'S ALWAYS LEAK!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online