CLUTCH

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
well my original clutch just started slipping (not surprising with 76,000 miles) and i want to upgrade to something better than stock. im working with basic bolt-ons right now, as in my sig and future plans include 3.73s, intake, tb and mass air. maybe heads and cam down the road... what would you guys recommend? any thoughts on king cobra, centerforce, spec, i need some input! thanks!

97vertstang

Reaction score
my friend with a blower has the king cobra, holds up good, till now anyways ,but has stiff peadl, believe me!!!! i have another friend with a 73 f100 that has a drivetrain of a 5.0, it has a spec stage 1.it works very well too.those 2 are good, and wont break ur bank.

347stroker

Reaction score
SVTGizzi said:
well my original clutch just started slipping (not surprising with 76,000 miles) and i want to upgrade to something better than stock. im working with basic bolt-ons right now, as in my sig and future plans include 3.73s, intake, tb and mass air. maybe heads and cam down the road... what would you guys recommend? any thoughts on king cobra, centerforce, spec, i need some input! thanks!
i have a king cobra and it works great im putting 310 to the wheels

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
zoom is low end stuff, its fine for a stock replacement but if you have higher than stock hp you need something better......I like centerforce myself

97vertstang

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
zoom is low end stuff, its fine for a stock replacement but if you have higher than stock hp you need something better......I like centerforce myself
i heard really good things about the centerforce dual friction clutches.arent they a little pricey though???? :dunno:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
97vertstang said:
Snakebit said:
i heard really good things about the centerforce dual friction clutches.arent they a little pricey though???? :dunno:

well you wont get one for 100 or 150 but they are worth the cost :). Last time I priced them I think the dual friction was around 350 or so :dunno: cant remember for sure, because its been over 2 years since I have checked on them. I will be looking at them soon since my cobra will be needing its first clutch change ( with me as the owner anyway )

wytstang

Reaction score
Call ddperformance.com (Don Walsh aka drivetrain specialest who know there chit) $10 says they will recomend the Heavy duty clutch over the King Cobra. It's cheaper and made better from the Wlashes say......

OP
OP
S

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
thanks guys for the advice i think ive decided on a spec stage 1 because its good up to 400 rwhp and the price is decent

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online