clutch

Discussion in '94-04 - V6 Specific' started by 94stangr, Nov 27, 2006.

1. 94stangr

94stangr New Member

I am looking for a clutch for my mustang, I am looking for a upgrade over the stock one because I want to put down some power fairly soon.

I know centre force makes a clutch called Dual Friction and thats probally what I will go with since I didnt find any other ones, however I did find one on ebay called XTD and was just wondering if anyone had any good luck with it??

2. Greggerex

Greggerex Active Member

I just did a quick Google for "XTD Clutch"...

VERY mixed reviews. Some bad, some REALLY good... if it's a helluva cheaper it might be worth taking a chance on. Wait and see if anyone has any personal experience on here, I guess.

Might end up being a call based on if you feel lucky. ;)

3. 94stangr

94stangr New Member

unless people have had good experience im not gonna take a chance i dont want to waste money on a bad part and theres no point in buying a shitty clutch if i wanna make some power anytime soon

4. Greggerex

Greggerex Active Member

Yeah, just did a little more Googlage - there doesn't seem to be much in the way of Mustangs with XTD to base an opinion on...

Like I said before, the reviews are VERY mixed - some good, some bad.

I don't think I'd chance it - tried and true seems to be a better route. How much would you save by going with the XTD over the Centreforce?

5. atlantic98stang

atlantic98stang New Member

I just put in a Spec Stage 1 clutch and i love it...Its good up to 285 ft/lb torque. Its also a bit expensive at $270, but well worth it.

6. Greggerex

Greggerex Active Member

Spec is definitely a good quality clutch - I was actually looking at the Stage 3 for myself in the spring. :thumb:

7. identity_Crisis

identity_Crisis New Member

i just got myu spec stage 3+ in the other day and its amazing very weell built clutch and have heard nothing but good about spec

8. uncltrvlnmatt

uncltrvlnmatt Legend

I installed a king cobra clutch in mine about a month ago. The thing is awsome.

9. identity_Crisis

identity_Crisis New Member

ive heard nothing but good about spec clutchs and theve got a clutch for every power range you will ever need spec 2 2+ and 3 are more then most will ever need

10. Pennywise2

Pennywise2 Active Member

Get a Centerforce DF clutch I have one on my mustang
    and I simply love it! :thumb:

11. Hockeyb0y3

Hockeyb0y3 New Member

well i have been looking into a clutch as well for my ride, i have found McLeod, OEM, Spec, and OEM and don't forget Autozone and Kragen brand, the part thats leaving me stuck is i want something decent that will last and i can beat on once and a while and i don't plan on pushing anymore then i am (150rwhp 214 rwtq) and i am on a limited budget so i really dunno which way to go, also i have talked to some and they say the flywheel between a GT and V6 are a half an inch difference, i believe the V6 coming with a 11" wheel and the V8 with a 10.5" anyone know for sure and if so what would it take to make a King Cobra or Ram clutch to work? just change the flywheel?