clutch??

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
does that work on 5.0s too, whats it do excatlly, I thought this was only for 03 Cobras?
it adjust the cable and pressure plate to proper engage and disengadge levels...sorry im a lil drunk hope that sounds right..

yes it works on 5.0's i do it once a month

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i will probably go out there tomorrow and do it. thanks for the info. im sellin my rc car on ebay, hopefully ill get around 300 bucks for it. iono yet.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
TxCobrA98 said:
Rantheman said:
have you tried adjusting the clutch yourself. I have only done this once but I believe you pull back on the ckutch pedel with your foot and it readjusts it for you. I have a steeda quaderant so
haven't tried adjusting it but someone up above said you can't adjust it..

95KBGT said:
speaking of that trey i had some problems getting mine back in as well, i made these bolts as alignment sliders that you put in the bellhousing then the tranny meets up too and slides on...its going to be a bitch but worth it.
what do you mean paul? like getting some bolts and using them to make the ends meet on the tranny then just like bolt them in or something? what is worth it? doing the install myself? sorry kinda confused... :)

thanks for the help everyone. im thinking stage II also because i got on SPEC's website and they said that the stage 2 has an excellent wear rate and it supports more power for not to much more. ill probably go with the stage 2. :dancing6:

I said the cable was not adjustable unless you have an aftermarket cable, and the clutch is not hydraulic.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
uncltrvlnmatt said:
TxCobrA98 said:
yeah spec 2's are in my price range. id like to get a new fly wheel also but i think thats another 200-300 bucks.

my faja and me are going to do it. well, mainly my faja, but ill be there to help.

Doing a clutch in a sn95 sucks balls. I had nothing but problems. Trans did not want to come out, trans did not want to go in, Due to the dowl pins. I was also working around my H-Pipe which did not help at all. I could not get the manifold/H-Pipe bolts out without breaking them.

Hopefully you will have better luck than me.
speaking of that trey i had some problems getting mine back in as well, i made these bolts as alignment sliders that you put in the bellhousing then the tranny meets up too and slides on...its going to be a bitch but worth it.

I had to pull my trans in with bolts too. Be very careful when doing this. The bellhousing is alluminum and will break very easily. only go about 1/2 turn to 3/4 of a turn at a time alternating sides. Or you could remove the guide dowl pins from the block, But I would leave them unless they gave you a serious problem.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
If ya really want to be able to adjust your clutch get a fiore micro click adj/quadrant. Best quadrant/adjuster out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online