clutch

Gustang

Reaction score
i know there are alot of clutch's out there and i want to make sure i get the right one. i want to know a few that are really stiff, and really short. any ideas?

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
a friend of mine had a king cobra clutch in his 92 gt, i assume it would be similiar, and that clutch was really stiff. I have a centerforce dual friction and i think it is pretty decent pressure, nowhere near his king cobra though

ryclef331

Reaction score
Noone really runs them in the mustang world but I've got a Clutchmaster's Stage 3 in my car. Astroperformance reccomended it for use with their G-Force. I've gotta say, it really IS a nice clutch. Its a nice pedal feel, does not chatter, and holds up to my 4-5,000 rpms launchs on ET Streets behind my 331 on spray (around 500rwhp on the sauce). Check them out. As for the Dual Friction, I've had nothing but bad luck with a couple other cars and that thing trying to get it to hold....

wytstang

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
Noone really runs them in the mustang world but I've got a Clutchmaster's Stage 3 in my car. Astroperformance reccomended it for use with their G-Force. I've gotta say, it really IS a nice clutch. Its a nice pedal feel, does not chatter, and holds up to my 4-5,000 rpms launchs on ET Streets behind my 331 on spray (around 500rwhp on the sauce). Check them out. As for the Dual Friction, I've had nothing but bad luck with a couple other cars and that thing trying to get it to hold....
So you like the Clutchmaster clutch, I'm going for a G-force/Astro t-5 and saw they mostly carried those clutches. Wish the offered a stage 2 tho they just have the stage 1 (550hp) & 3 (750) both good for around 7,000 rpm's/7,600 rpm's. Are they grabby (or on/off type clutch) or can they be slipped?

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I have a Centerforce DF and It is great.. Then again my clutch was custom made cause I know a kid who works for them...

ryclef331

Reaction score
wytstang said:
ryclef331 said:
So you like the Clutchmaster clutch, I'm going for a G-force/Astro t-5 and saw they mostly carried those clutches. Wish the offered a stage 2 tho they just have the stage 1 (550hp) & 3 (750) both good for around 7,000 rpm's/7,600 rpm's. Are they grabby (or on/off type clutch) or can they be slipped?

It is not grabby at ALL. Seriously, it drives great. Its still a sprung hub clutch disc so it is nice around town. I love it actually. I was a bit skeptical as I hadn't really heard of many other stang guys using them but Tony at Astro said they HIGHLY reccomend them over anyone elses. They are the experts so I took their advice. Fantastic Clutch for a great price.

wytstang

Reaction score
Thank for the info I kinda going back and forth wether to get a Pro motions Kustom clutch or I don't know. So many choices it hurts..

94kingcbra

Reaction score
I have a zoom performance clutch with kevlar, and it really puts the power to the ground. It gives you a really good feel for shifting too, once you get the hang of it of course. It's not really made for a daily driver though, because of the stiffness and the fact that it's made for dropping and hard shifts. It took me a while to get used to but I like it alot....Good luck

Reaction score
I love my centerforce, pedal pressure isnt to bad, but it graps like crazy. Stay away from Spec clutches, they grab TOO good and will eat your tranny.

ryclef331

Reaction score
A STOCK 5.0 with a STOCK clutch will eat a STOCK T-5

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
A STOCK 5.0 with a STOCK clutch will eat a STOCK T-5

Not exactly, would take FOREVER.

My buddy had a fox in the high 10's-low 11's on the stock T5. Oh yea over 150,000 miles. T5's will last, just DO NOT POWERSHIFT THEM.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Our stock T5 has 140,000 on it & running/shifting fine..of course I don't know how to power shift anyway! LOL...

Pennywise2

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Centerforce DF
I had a Centerforce DF clutch on my 96 GT and simply loved it
compaired to the stock clutch. :thumb:
The Centerforce clutch felt alot better and the shifts felt more
postive and efficient.I would buy a Centerforce clutch again for sure.

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
i just ordered a spec but i wont be able to put it in until spring

BALZY_GT

Reaction score
I just put a zoom stage 2 w/kevlar disk in my 94 GT. I won't be able to let you know how well it does or doesn't work for another couple months. Plus i'm running into some clutch cable issues right now, so i'm working on getting that straightened out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online