Cobalt SS: Anybody Run One?

S

scarface

snakebit97 said:
Not trying to change the subject from the Cobalt SS, but someone mentioned a Saturn Ion Redline I believe. Those little bastards are quick.t.
same drive Train in both cars.

95PGTTech

Reaction score
someone I work with has a header, stock downpipe, magnaflow catback, injen intake and GM stage 2, stock suspension and wheels. he ran another co-workers 05 intake/catback/downpipe STi from a 50 roll and took a car instantly and held it all the way through fourth.

when I run the same STi, mods in sig, from a 5mph dig, we are dead even, door to door, until fourth, when he pulls a car or two before we shut it down. the kid in the cobalt ran 13.5 at the track on street tires (he has the one without LSD). very surprising to me how quick it is.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
do all Cobalt SS come supercharged? my sister is getting one as a rental tomorrow..

95PGTTech

Reaction score
no. there are non supercharged SS's. all future SS's (08+) are supposedly not going to be available in supercharged form. the non supercharged ones you can get with a variety of options and wheel choices as well.

19turbo95

Reaction score
My buddy at my work has a cobalt ss and it ran a 14 stock and thats in Colorado which pretty much has no air. Now he has a ported blower, cat back exhaust, intake, tune and we just finished water/methonal injection and pulley for over twenty pounds of boost. This thing screams. They have potential.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
alright..well here is the top 10 time on cobaltss.net
1.)madeinUSA,[email protected] w/2.18 60'
2.)Tofu,[email protected] w/2.00 60'
3.)STG2BALT,[email protected] w/2.21 60'
4.)R&C_rallySS,[email protected] w/2.23 60'
5.)Julex,[email protected] w/2.19 60'
6.)X3r0,[email protected] w/2.23 60'
7.)NGalaxyTimmyo,[email protected] w/2.27 60'
8.)NewEraPerformance,[email protected] w/2.29 60'
9.)chipmonk212121,[email protected] w/2.22 60'
10.)SS4ME,[email protected] w/2.28 60'

so I guess you can say with a good driver they run 14.1 to 14.4 these are TOP 10....so normal driver I will say 14.5 to 15

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
so I guess you can say with a good driver they run 14.1 to 14.4 these are TOP 10....so normal driver I will say 14.5 to 15
the times you took are normal drivers, you think the people on their are paid to race officially?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
justinschmidt1 said:
the times you took are normal drivers, you think the people on their are paid to race officially?

nope not at all..im just saying that these are the top 10 drivers out of however many members are on that site....im just saying that everyone i see driving around in a cobalt ss seems to be some stupid ricer kid who thinks his car will beat a z06 now that hes not driving a civic

1st cobalt ss i ever came across was when I was in my 91 lincoln mark 7...4200 lb car with a 5.0 but it ran good..15.2 at 91 anyways..some stupid kid with t tags who couldnt drive to save his life comes up next to me sying i should of bought a chevy or something..and that I was slow( I had numbers from the drag in the upper corner) ..of course I burned him off the line and watched as he bounced off the rev limiter trying to shift into 2nd gear..but he was a ricer ...who asks to run a lincoln anyway?

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
DFG_Pimpin said:
justinschmidt1 said:

nope not at all..im just saying that these are the top 10 drivers out of however many members are on that site....im just saying that everyone i see driving around in a cobalt ss seems to be some stupid ricer kid who thinks his car will beat a z06 now that hes not driving a civic

1st cobalt ss i ever came across was when I was in my 91 lincoln mark 7...4200 lb car with a 5.0 but it ran good..15.2 at 91 anyways..some stupid kid with t tags who couldnt drive to save his life comes up next to me sying i should of bought a chevy or something..and that I was slow( I had numbers from the drag in the upper corner) ..of course I burned him off the line and watched as he bounced off the rev limiter trying to shift into 2nd gear..but he was a ricer ...who asks to run a lincoln anyway?
lol
i totally agree with this...
i race turbo ricers all the time and since i dont miss shifts (auto)
just because someone at car and driver can nail a 15.0 doesnt mean
the kid down the block with the fart can s/c american ricer can beat you

black98gt

Reaction score
i raced one about 4 months ago with the parts in my sig minus spray and he was pullied and intake and exhaust. and i beat him by a car and a half and i raced him 3 times with the same outcome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online