Cobra 2 speed fuel pump

AzzLyp

Reaction score
Maybe I'm overthinking this a little, but why does the Cobra, like the 98, have a 2 speed pump? It was one of the reasons I didn't swap the Cobra pcm and harness into my GT when I did the 32v swap. I didn't want to have to do the fuel pump and/or fuel tank as well.

OP
OP
A

AzzLyp

Reaction score
Yeah it's not an issue with my car at all. My car runs fine. I didn't swap in the pcm because without the proper fuel pump setup to back it up, I would have thrown a check engine light and I can't have that in good ole Cali. I'm just curious as to the why of it.

OP
OP
A

AzzLyp

Reaction score
I'm running a regular 340lph fuel pump on my 98 no check light

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
I was reading install guides before I did the swap and they mentioned that if I used the cobra pcm with the gt fuel system, I'd get a fuel pump code.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Prob would need the whole body harness. In your case not worth the effort when a simple tune will do

OP
OP
A

AzzLyp

Reaction score
Prob would need the whole body harness. In your case not worth the effort when a simple tune will do

Yeah, I elected not to use the harness and pcm because I also didn't want to install the air pump behind the bumper or the tubing on the exhaust manifolds. That would be another check engine light I would have gotten.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online