COBRA 4.6 MUST READ!!!

IMPORTKILLER

Reaction score

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
this is on an engine dyno there is a big difference with a reg dyno. engine dyno there are no pullies or drivetrain loss and sometimes no exhaust (only headers)

OP
OP
I

IMPORTKILLER

Reaction score
No Doubt about that, but the factory HP rating is also from an engine dyno as well. The 305 stock listed HP ( 96 COBRA) is from the engine dyno. RWHP will prob. be more like 265 rwhp. So all things being equal a 96 DOHC motor has the potential to make 430 range N/A HP. on the engine dyno. I can settle for a 125 hp gain for not that much cash. This would net around 390 RWHP not bad for not much. Better than a stock o3-04 SUPERCHARGED cobra RWHP.

Knuckles@Empire

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
i like the fact that your diggin n/a cobras man. alot of people are quick to jump on the boosted bandwagon when they see huge numbers its nice to see an engine putting down respectable numbers on nuts, especially a small displacement engine like ours O0

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
03-04 cobras are a joke if you put a blower on your car (96-98 cobra)look at the power it would make. but making that power on motor is nice but not cheap

Knuckles@Empire

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
definetely not cheap your right lol aww how refreshing to be on a pro sn-95 board and not have everyone drooling over the 03-04s lol very nice indeed

OP
OP
I

IMPORTKILLER

Reaction score
knuckles4696 said:
definetely not cheap your right lol aww how refreshing to be on a pro sn-95 board and not have everyone drooling over the 03-04s lol very nice indeed

03-04 cobras are no doubt a bad car thats not a secret, but I am so tired of hearing about it. The good thing for us fellas with the 96-99
COBRAS is that we have that "SLEEPER" factor now. Since everyone under the sun knows haw bad a 03-04 is...... its expected.
So if I can build my motor to run stronger N/A than a stock 03-04 with a supercharger thats just SINNISTER. All motor baby. Also if I were to
street race any one of these you know that because I am not using any power adders and the 03-04 is supercharged I will "get the hit".
I love being the underdog . The bastard . The unexpected. Because it makes victory so much sweeter when that punk in the other lane
starts to appear in your rearview with his jaw on his floorboards because he cant believe his Terminator just got TERMINATED along with his ego.

In my opinion it does not matter how or what means it takes to get to the finish line first........just dont arrive late.
So if its Noz, a blower,turbo or just a bad motor when these cars are done right its just so much meaner and means so much more
because daddy did not just buy you a fast car . You took something with potential (because you know your shit about these mustangs)
and with knowledge and hard work made a real serious machine. Thats plain HOT ROD. I got less cash than you but I can still go faster that you because I know my shit.( check out this months HOT ROD read about the farmboy with the red fox lx) I think I need to stop now . I COULD GO ON FOREVER.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
It not "noz" - it's nitrous.

Building N/A 4v motors costs a fortune, and there would be nothing sleeper about it. Getting an N/A 281 4v to run with even a mildly modified '03 Cobra would require a huge amount of engine work, and the result would be an not-so-street friendly car with crappy manners.

Paul.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Paul said:
It not "noz" - it's nitrous.

Building N/A 4v motors costs a fortune, and there would be nothing sleeper about it. Getting an N/A 281 4v to run with even a mildly modified '03 Cobra would require a huge amount of engine work, and the result would be an not-so-street friendly car with crappy manners.

Paul.

I have to agree with the fact that it would take a pretty costly n/a 4valve to run with a modified 03, there is a guy over at SVTP that did it with a n/a cobra. If im not mistaken he had the fr500 package on his 99 or 01 and it ran with the terminators ( out ran a few ) but he had THOUSANDS in that setup

Knuckles@Empire

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
whyll yes i understand the money factor in it, think of first of all the money you save when buying an sn-95 cobra 4.6, with the money you save there you could build a wicked ride. and while yes with only minimal money the terminator could blo the doors off an n/a setup i think what import killer is trying to convey is that being different is always good, everyone quickly wants to ad a power adder, including myself as it makes getting higher levels of horse power easiest. but i can still appreciate the guys that do it differently n/a with no regards for the money just for the result a fast car with no power adder.

S

scarface

I read that article in the mag...nice combos, but all were done on an 03 termy engine with the blower removed if I remember correctly.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
If you want NA horsepower, a 281 ci motor with tiny bores and no stroke is not the way to go unless you have cubic dollars in your bank account.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Paul said:
If you want NA horsepower, a 281 ci motor with tiny bores and no stroke is not the way to go unless you have cubic dollars in your bank account.

agreed

OP
OP
I

IMPORTKILLER

Reaction score
knuckles4696 said:
whyll yes i understand the money factor in it, think of first of all the money you save when buying an sn-95 cobra 4.6, with the money you save there you could build a wicked ride. and while yes with only minimal money the terminator could blo the doors off an n/a setup i think what import killer is trying to convey is that being different is always good, everyone quickly wants to ad a power adder, including myself as it makes getting higher levels of horse power easiest. but i can still appreciate the guys that do it differently n/a with no regards for the money just for the result a fast car with no power adder.

If your talking about bang for buck we sn95's got it on lock. If you were to try to buy an 03-04 cobra your going to drob between $22-$25k right now. ( thats in stock form ) Now compare that with what you can get a clean 96-98 cobra for between 9-14k range depending on miles and condition. Fellas I dont know about you but I think I could build a low 11 second street car with $11-$13k to spend at summit. Dont forget that this will leave you with a stock 03-04 cobra with the same investment.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
The stock 03/04 will make more power, have less driveability issues, and factory reliability.

You could easily drop $10K on a motor build alone, and you still wouldn't have the six speed, strengthened rearend, nice seats, new car, etc etc.

Paul.

Passenger

Reaction score
Paul said:
The stock 03/04 will make more power, have less driveability issues, and factory reliability.

You could easily drop $10K on a motor build alone, and you still wouldn't have the six speed, strengthened rearend, nice seats, new car, etc etc.

Paul.
Stengthened rear? IRS = wheelhop of d00m! lawlz!!1!

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard 03/04 halfshafts are stronger than the older models.

But yes, I'd yank that thing and put a stick axle back there.

S

scarface

Paul said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard 03/04 halfshafts are stronger than the older models.

But yes, I'd yank that thing and put a stick axle back there.
the 03/04 IRS is stronger than the 99/01. 31 splines in the termy... it still sucks for hop though. IRS sucks in general to me, but then again, I have a solid axle cobra.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
all i know is my Mystic will be an 11 second street car for under 15K. :pimp2:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell