Cobra airbag dark charcoal or black???

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
I have not posted o here in a looonng time, but I am starting to get my 94 back together and have a question.

I bought a Cobra airbag off ebay to replace the one I had that got damage when my car was broken into years ago.

It was advertised as a 4 mile airbag that came out of a 1995 Cobra hardtop convertible that was damaged in transport in 1995 and is just not being parted out. Sounded far fetched to me, but I didn't care, I just wanted a black Cobra airbag.

2 days ago I get the airbag. I compare it to my original 90k mile black interior in my 94. This airbag looks dark charcoal to me, most likely from a 99+ Cobra.

After contacting the seller and letting him know that I know that all hardtop convertibles came with saddle interior, he proceeds to tell me that that was an autocorrect typo, was was supposed to say coupe hardtop instead of convertible hardtop. Whatever. He continues to INSIST that this airbag is black and that it came from a 95 Cobra.

I paid with paypal so I will get my money back and return....

what are your opinions....clearly dark charcoal, or black?

***btw sorry my car is VERY dirty

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hard to tell with the pictures. Does look off though.
If you got a good enough deal you could always dye it.

RedTwilight

Reaction score
The airbag in my '96 looks off in color just like that. It always bugged me every time I cleaned and detailed that part of the dash area.
So I believe it very well may be from a '95.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
That does look off.

My 1998 Cobra steering wheel is all black.

Two things could be: One as you said the center has been replaced or two its just aged that way. You can always try and give it some oils and rub that in and see if it brings it back a little.

SVTstang96

Reaction score
It wasnt a good deal. I overpaid since it is hard to find a black Cobra airbag

I might have a good black one if you do return it. I know I have 1 for sure but its pending sale. I may have another in a box still. If you don't mind me asking who was the seller on eBay?

OP
OP
94Pro-5.0

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
Does anyone have the part number from their 94-98 airbag? Looking on ebay, the 99+ Cobra bags seem to hav a few different part #'s. The # on the bag I received from this guy matches one of the 03-04's I found on ebay.

OP
OP
94Pro-5.0

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
update: the guy finally fessed up and claims that his cousin switched out the airbag with a 2003 airbag, and now sold the car he out the black airbag on. Yeah Right

neverenuff

Reaction score
1999 and up cars are charcoal, and by the looks of it, that is what you have. I got a sweet deal on a black leather wrapped wheel and had to hunt for a black air bag to match (tan& black interior) unfortunately my air bag is off color so I just keep it ArmorAlled:wink:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online