Cobra Brake Hose

97ponygt

Reaction score
Have 96-98 SS lines for cobra calipers... Need to purchase new calipers and if I get the 99+ Calipers my question is can I still use the same hoses? Or do I also need to upgrade to the 99-04 hoses?

I would think that main issue is the connection to the brake line and not the caliper. I know the banjo bolt is different on the 99+ but need to know about the hose compatibility.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Have 96-98 SS lines for cobra calipers... Need to purchase new calipers and if I get the 99+ Calipers my question is can I still use the same hoses? Or do I also need to upgrade to the 99-04 hoses?

I would think that main issue is the connection to the brake line and not the caliper. I know the banjo bolt is different on the 99+ but need to know about the hose compatibility.
I don’t know the answer completely, but can you look up the part number on the hoses and see if the manufacturer says they are compatible? What brand hoses are they?

OP
OP

97ponygt

Reaction score
They're Russell hoses IIRC... The manufacturer says they're not compatible. But... I think it's the brake lines between the 96-98 and the 99-04 that are different and the connection at the caliper are the same. That's what I'm going to try once I get the Cobra calipers in and cleaned up and powder coated.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online