cobra brake rotor choices

94yellow50

Reaction score
Question for anyone with cobra brakes. I'm doing a swap on my 94 and am down to rotors n pads. Just wondering what others think as far as slotted, drilled n slotted, and solid. Id like something that's coated so it won't rust. Rust. Is slotted worth the extra money? I'm staying away from drilled because I've read a lot of people say g drilled can crack easier. Also looking for a good brake pad recommendation. Mostly street. Some random trips to the strip. No road course. Thanks

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Stick with slotted. and hawk HPS pads.. but if you are super worried about dust and all and do mainly street driving. Hawk Ceramics are good

rotors either the powerslot or DBA T2s on AM

I will be putting the DBAs on mine

Mustanger

Reaction score
I don't worry about the drilled & slotted Baer Decelarotors on my 94 at all. They are so cool looking I am willing to take the remote chance...my usage will be very similar to yours. I do love coming off the Freeway about 80 & delaying braking until I have to hit them fairly hard....lol just feels good to me. I will be going to the strip a couple times

IMO only if you want drilled rotors get them! I bet you won't have an issue...just get a good brand! But what do I know?

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Drilled rotors only seem to be a problem when you buy them off eBay from the guy that takes blanks and drills holes in them on his drill press.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Brake motive sells powerss love mine and haven't had issues in 2000 miles thus far

20140222_141942.jpg

OP
OP
94yellow50

94yellow50

Reaction score
I do like the looks of the drilled n slotted. Am muscle has the kit with power stop rotors n evolution ceramic pads for a pretty good price. Any feedback on those pads? Thanks for the responses so far

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I do like the looks of the drilled n slotted. Am muscle has the kit with power stop rotors n evolution ceramic pads for a pretty good price. Any feedback on those pads? Thanks for the responses so far

Sorry i I am going to edit mine. Brake motive does the powerstop either those pads, I love mine. There are a few more guys running them on here and have the same feedback.

oh and it was 106 shipped to my door for rotors and pads.

RichV

Reaction score
I have a powerstop kit from AM on my 05 GT, drilled/slotted rotors and the pads. And I gotta say, they work really well. They have a great bite on the street, cold or hot. Haven't had them out on the course yet, but I will soon enough. I would never have chosen the kit, bought the 05 with it already installed. But it seems to be a good street kit. The rotors cannot be re-used once they warp, that's a bad side of the drilled/slotted rotors.

Only thing that took a little getting used to is the vibration in the pedal from the slots. Still feels a little weird.

Once these wear, it will be a set of NAPA premium blanks, and Carbotech or HAWK double duty pads.

OP
OP
94yellow50

94yellow50

Reaction score
I looked into those brake motive. Man it just seems too good to be true. I looked on vette forums, mustang forums, saw reviews of them on Nissans. There's a surprisingly large amount of positive reviews. I'm almost tempted to get them n even if they warp or crack after a year, I've spent more on way dumber things..

Mustanger

Reaction score
I have found one machine shop that CAN turn slotted & drilled rotors...so it is possible if you find the right place.

Remember ceramic pads are great for little dust and work fine on the street but do not have the same stopping power as the best pads like the Hawk HPS & + series. Most people won't know or feel the difference

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I looked into those brake motive. Man it just seems too good to be true. I looked on vette forums, mustang forums, saw reviews of them on Nissans. There's a surprisingly large amount of positive reviews. I'm almost tempted to get them n even if they warp or crack after a year, I've spent more on way dumber things..

Yep ive ive read many reviews also of years of use and still work great. It was a no brainer for me.

I have found one machine shop that CAN turn slotted & drilled rotors...so it is possible if you find the right place.

Remember ceramic pads are great for little dust and work fine on the street but do not have the same stopping power as the best pads like the Hawk HPS & + series. Most people won't know or feel the difference

exactly most shops are educated. It can be done

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online