Cobra brake upgrade

95-stang

Reaction score
I'm not too happy with the PBR calipers i got for my car, and i dont want to skimp on the brakes.
Best alternative for the money seems to be the M-2300-Q which seems to about $539 on average.
Has any one seen it at a better price, plus i need shipping to the UK, which a lot of places will not do. ???

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I bought all my brake stuff thru our sponsor stangsuspension, he has great prices, I think it was about $450 for 10th anny red calipers, SS lines, Slotted/Drilled Rotors. Thats front only. I find www.stangsuspension.com has the cheapest prices. Use cupon code "SN95DISC" for a discount.

OP
OP

95-stang

Reaction score
Do you reckon the Red calipers and discs are better than the full Cobra upgrade package which includes lines, master cylinder, rotors etc?
I dont want to spend more than is needed, but dont want to skimp on stuff either.
I sent them an e-mail btw. :)

thorco3

Reaction score
95-stang said:
Do you reckon the Red calipers and discs are better than the full Cobra upgrade package which includes lines, master cylinder, rotors etc?
I dont want to spend more than is needed, but dont want to skimp on stuff either.
I sent them an e-mail btw. :)

IMHO it's best to make your own package basically. This way you can peice together exactly what you want.

On my sixer I had mach calipers, power slot rotors, ss lines in the front and a baer 13" kit in the rear, as well as some new pads of course all the way around. After swapping all that out I did a complete brake fluid flush and put in some nice "exceeds dot 3 & 4" brake fluid" I was very, very, pleased with the entire setup.

So that would be my whole experience with brake upgrades, and because of that I would say to keep all ur stuff like hard lines, master cylinder, etc. unless any of it is just damaged or something.

gl with everything :drunk:

OP
OP

95-stang

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
I bought all my brake stuff thru our sponsor stangsuspension, he has great prices, I think it was about $450 for 10th anny red calipers, SS lines, Slotted/Drilled Rotors. Thats front only. I find www.stangsuspension.com has the cheapest prices. Use cupon code "SN95DISC" for a discount.

I e -mailed him via his site, replied quickly, he asked what i wanted, told him, asked for a price inc shipping, that was about a week ago.
No wonder i keep going back to Summit. ;)
Unless anyone knows anywhere else that might ship to the UK ?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Weird hes usually super fast on the responce, try art from our other sponsor artsperformanceparts.com hes an awesome guy and shouldnt leave you haning and replys fast.

OP
OP

95-stang

Reaction score
Thanks, but he doesnt seem to list Ford Racing stuff. :(

Accufab
Aeromotive
AFR
Arts Performance Parts Products
Amsoil Products (Oil and More)
Barry Grant Fuel Products
C&L
Flaming River
Jet Hot
Kirban
LPW Racing Products
MAC
Maximum Motorsports
Metco
MSD Ignition Products
Moser
Pa Performance
Pypes Exhaust
QA1
SLP Performance Products
Spec
Steeda
Trickflow
UPR
Walbro

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
not trying to take business away from sponsors but if you are having problems finding what ya want check out www.buyfordracing.com. They ship anywhere i believe and prices are good(i dont think anyone has them beat on the brake setup)

OP
OP

95-stang

Reaction score
Thanks, well i like to try sponsors first, but some firms are a bit shy about shipping overseas.
I will try Ford Racing. ;)

OP
OP

95-stang

Reaction score
Well i wasnt happy with the PBR's after i cleaned them up, terrible condition for just 4 years old.
I ordered a Cobra upgrade kit from CJ Pony Parts, $500 plus shipping, then there are the robbing thieves at
customs who really spoil it all by adding tax to it. :(

ylw95gts

Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
not trying to take business away from sponsors but if you are having problems finding what ya want check out www.buyfordracing.com. They ship anywhere i believe and prices are good(i dont think anyone has them beat on the brake setup)

I bought my kit through them. (Cobra calipers, rotors and s.s. lines) Great price at $359 shipped but the customer service guy was a dick.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
ylw95gts said:
MeanGrn Gt said:

I bought my kit through them. (Cobra calipers, rotors and s.s. lines) Great price at $359 shipped but the customer service guy was a dick.
i freakin hate that, when they offer a good product, and they ship it out fast, then the customer service sucks ass.

thorco3

Reaction score
so how difficult was the cobra brake install on your guys 94/95's? I had a complete cobra setup on my 98 and 13" rotors in the rear, but it's my understanding that you have to swap the master cyclinder and do a some work on the hardlines when upgrading the 95's to cobra brakes...

OP
OP

95-stang

Reaction score
It seems GT and Cobra master cylinders have different fittings, so they are not mixed up during prodution line fitting.
You will need a brake flaring tool if you go with the Cobra master when you alter the brake pipe unions.
However i have heard that you can run with the GT master, its just a different feel to the pedal.
I'm sure someone here has tried it.

Suspect

Reaction score
i run my stock one and its fine. pedal feel is a lil stiffer, but to me feels better.

thorco3

Reaction score
Suspect said:
i run my stock one and its fine. pedal feel is a lil stiffer, but to me feels better.

I would actually prefer a stiffer brake pedal... I didn't have to mess with the master cyl at all on my 98. Couldn't I just swap the 98's master cylinder with the 95's or would that not be any different?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online