Cobra Brake Upgrade

thorco3

Reaction score
haha, yeah pb blaster FTW!!! O0

and if you don't have an impact... shame on you, invest in one it should prevent most of this sorta thing :drunk:

those look pretty sweet. do you have any plans of painting/pc them or anything? I polished mine and love'em. It's nice to see another canary yellow stang too, I believe yours was a GTS as well if memory serves me!?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
thorco3 said:
those look pretty sweet. do you have any plans of painting/pc them or anything? I polished mine and love'em. It's nice to see another canary yellow stang too, I believe yours was a GTS as well if memory serves me!?
well judging by his name, i would say yep... ;D

OP
OP
Y

ylw95gts

Reaction score
916_5.0 said:
That looks sweet. I cant wait to get a cobra break kit and get it on. Can you buy the calipers in that silver chrome color or did you make them like that? I was wondering cause I dont know if i want to run red calipers or those silver ones with my paint. I dont knwo what will look best with my paint color.

I painted them in a graphite color I found at AutoZone. I liked it because it's a close match to the graphite color no my Mach 1 wheels and they won't show the brake dust as much. Just shot them then used a little laquer thinner to take the paint off the COBRA letters.

OP
OP
Y

ylw95gts

Reaction score
thorco3 said:
haha, yeah pb blaster FTW!!! O0

and if you don't have an impact... shame on you, invest in one it should prevent most of this sorta thing :drunk:

I do have an impact gun but not a compressor powerful enough to run it yet. They are painted in a graphite color. And your memory is correct. Canary Yellow GTS :thumb:

thorco3

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
thorco3 said:
well judging by his name, i would say yep... ;D

haha, good call. :hammer:

thorco3

Reaction score
ylw95gts said:
I do have an impact gun but not a compressor powerful enough to run it yet. They are painted in a graphite color. And your memory is correct. Canary Yellow GTS :thumb:

cool, cool. yeah looking back at the pics I can tell that they have been painted a slightly different color. very subtle change but it looks great.

just curious, why did you decide to put a wing on the car? I'm currently in the process of removing a wing filling and shaving some stuff on a spare decklid so I can get my car back to wingless.

OP
OP
Y

ylw95gts

Reaction score
thorco3 said:
ylw95gts said:

cool, cool. yeah looking back at the pics I can tell that they have been painted a slightly different color. very subtle change but it looks great.

just curious, why did you decide to put a wing on the car? I'm currently in the process of removing a wing filling and shaving some stuff on a spare decklid so I can get my car back to wingless.

Thanks. I bought the car with the wing. Dealer installed option and you can sure tell under the decklid by the drilled holes :nonono:. When I had it off to paint it I toyed with leaving it off but wasn't 100% sold on the look. Now with my 10.5s on the back it might be an idea.

SaleenStang94

Reaction score
are u gonna do a rear brake upgrade too? i hear the fronts lock up more often without the rears improved. are the cobra rear calipers different than the gt? i know the rotors are bigger

OP
OP
Y

ylw95gts

Reaction score
SaleenStang94 said:
are u gonna do a rear brake upgrade too? i hear the fronts lock up more often without the rears improved. are the cobra rear calipers different than the gt? i know the rotors are bigger

I've had friends that left the rear calipers but went to the larger cobra rotors. There's a bracket in the rear rotor kit that moves the caliper out to make up for the larger rotor. The difference in the front calipers is they're dual piston as opposed to single piston for the gt caliper.

916_5.0

Reaction score
Cool i will have to look for that paint next time i stop by autozone, cause that is a very nice look.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Nice looking mod..& thanks for the info on the caps. Your car looks VERY good! I love the black wing & was thinking of doing that to my White car. Now I'm sure I will!

I have never seen a SN95 with the louvres before, Visus? Same as the 99-04 New Gens? Can you post more pics emphasizing them? I liked louvres ever since my 69 Mach 1.

OP
OP
Y

ylw95gts

Reaction score
Mustanger said:
Nice looking mod..& thanks for the info on the caps. Your car looks VERY good! I love the black wing & was thinking of doing that to my White car. Now I'm sure I will!

I have never seen a SN95 with the louvres before, Visus? Same as the 99-04 New Gens? Can you post more pics emphasizing them? I liked louvres ever since my 69 Mach 1.

Thanks. THat spoiler believe it or not is actually painted with spray cans. I did it myself. Longgggggggg evennnnnnnnnn stokes. LOL

Yes Visus aluminum louvers. For the most part I get nice comments on them. There's a few that don't like 'em but I do and that's what matters. Here's a few pics.

DSC00201a.jpg

DSC00198.jpg

autofair05-kitty.jpg

GTS002-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online