Cobra Brakes

Mustanger

Reaction score
over on the Mach 1 Registry there is a guy sell a 13" Baer Eradispeed Mach 1 front brakes & SS lines for $400 shipped...only 5000 miles on them. look great, drilled & slotted!

bybyz06

Reaction score
I put a set of those on order from buyfordracing.com...was getting a better price than from a guy who hooks me up with parts at a dealership here in town.

Been looking to upgrade to these for a while now... :dancing6:

bybyz06

Reaction score
I did the convesion last night on the Mustang...that was actually easier to do that a regular brake job...LOL...two bolts, unhook the brake line, swap the rotor, connect up the steel braided line, re-attach the caliper. I still need to bleed the brakes, but wow, it was pretty easy and bolted right up just like everyone said. And, they look great. The 13" rotor in comparison to my 11" one makes the front look soo much different (can't see the dust shield any longer through the wheel :dancing6:), that combined with the red "Cobra" caliper makes it look as the more better. Awesome! :banana:

bybyz06

Reaction score
For anyone who has done the Cobra upgrade, have you noticed your brake pedal feel is much stiffer than before? I'm wondering if it's because of the steel braided lines and it's causing increased pressure at the pedal...

S

scarface

bybyz06 said:
For anyone who has done the Cobra upgrade, have you noticed your brake pedal feel is much stiffer than before? I'm wondering if it's because of the steel braided lines and it's causing increased pressure at the pedal...
are you still using the stock GT master cyl?

95-stang

Reaction score
bybyz06 said:
Mine was "stiffer" before braided lines. Its the Cobra master cylinder.

bybyz06

Reaction score
scarface said:
bybyz06 said:
are you still using the stock GT master cyl?

The master cylinder is the one I'm using that came with the hydroboost unit I got. However, I don't recall the brake pedal being this "hard" before...I thought I remember some give, but that was before I went to the steel-braided brake lines...

S

scarface

braided lines should decrease brake pedal effort, maybe feeling "harder" is that.

bybyz06

Reaction score
scarface said:
braided lines should decrease brake pedal effort, maybe feeling "harder" is that.

Well...if braided lines are supposed to decrease brake pedal effort...it's definitely doing it's job then, because I can stop the car on a dime by pressing the pedal down no more than an inch...I just wasn't expecting that much of a difference.

95-stang

Reaction score
Too true, i dont have a dime, but a penny is close enough. :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online