cobra come up

stang415

Reaction score
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/4668106928.html

Checked this thing out today

The bads that i discovered.

-rear tires are just about toast, and 315s aint cheap.
- idled to high, about 1k, should idle at 600-750, also had off-road h-pipe, so the smog situation is sketchy
-car never 'warmed' up, temp sensor could be at fault.
- speedo cable was ****ed, speedo would jump around while accelarating.
- there were some funny vibrations in the drivetrain, something hitting the driveshaft.
- missing the fender emblems and the snout hood, paint faded a little on the roof, and peeled on the bumper.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
so it will need a catted x-pipe so you can pass emissions and drive it.
The tires and clutch are toast which I am sure means that granny drove it to church on sunday when the weather was nice.
and driveline vibrations, I am sure its just a tire out of balance right?

I mean a catted X isn't all that much(sarcasm), I am sure you can find a package deal on a clutch and tires and willing to bet the new tires will fix that vibration problem.

Sounds like you would be in for a minimum of another grand to get it on the road assuming the vibrations is not a major fix. Not fer me!

lutter94

Reaction score
It doesn't have a speedometer cable. The VSS wires may require replacement......Not hard to rebuild a harness for a manual trans....

Also, my car had issues with the speedo, would want to shoot all the way around and get stuck behind the 0 mph peg. would have to take the lens off to reset it on the right side of the peg. I ended up getting a 2nd cluster on eBay, pulling the speedo motor from it and installing it into mine. Miles don't matter on the 2nd cluster, and the odo gear can be broke, only using it for parts, and those issues make it cheaper.....

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Why does it have a vb6/GT hood? Accident?? I would find out.

Honestly i would pass.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Did you check the Vin to make sure its not a 4V swapped car?

If it is legit I don't think the car is that expensive considering you are in one of the most expensive markets in the Country.

That car would sell at that price in my area with those issues.

RichV

Reaction score
Not horrible, probably figure $500-1000 of stuff you'll put into it. See if he has the stock h-pipe. When I buy a used car I just assume it needs all the maintenance. All fluids, brakes, tires, clutch, etc. I think the clutch is one you can really play to your favor. Call some shops and get estimates which I'm sure will be $2K-ish and see if he'll split the cost with you and drop the price by a grand.

Out here, if it has a snake on the fender it's $5k+.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
$3750 is a good price, you could probably turn a profit parting it out at that cost, not that I am suggesting that :)

OP
OP
S

stang415

Reaction score
Sorry ive been m.i.a. Work has been brutal. So ill start out with the mods it came with

-bbk rear lower control arms
-tokiko shocks in the rear
-welded subframe connectors
-lowering springs
-staggered black powder-coated cobra R wheels
-firewall clutch cable adjustor
-msd coil packs
-tri ax short shifter
- flowmaster 40s
-4.10 rear gears

Latest posts

Forum statistics