Cobra fog light question

BALZY_GT

Reaction score
I bought a cobra front bumper for my car, and i'm wondering about the stock fog lights. Are the cobra's any brighter than the gt's fog lights? (they suck major ass) I am looking for a bright light, but i'm not sure how much i like the idea of putting on aftermarket round foglights from autozone. If they are as dim as the stock gt lights, is there any way to make them brighter?

Cobra Jet R

Reaction score
never been in a GT but I can tell you I notice a difference with the fog lights on in my Cobra. They are definitely bigger around than the GT's

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They are slightly better then the GT, but they still kinda suck IMO...they do light up the surrounding area better but honestly they arnt that great, imo aftermarket lights would look ugly.

look into GMC Envoy? lights they are supposed to fit nicely and fill up the complete hole and be brighter, I dont know what ford was smoking when they made the foglights only fill like 5/8 of the foglight hole.

tomustang

Reaction score
either way, i've owned both a gt and cobra and got to say both fog lights suck, if you haven't already purchased cobra lights, buy clear lenses

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
the stock lights dont put out much light at all. I hardly notice my cobras. I plan on putting the gmc envoy lights in but i havent found much about them. I might tint them a little since i will be going with black housing headlights

IceMan

Reaction score
You can get aftermarket cobra fog lights on ebay and hey are much better..

N

nckissfan

I second the GMC Envoy fogs, if you want brighter. They fit the hole perfectly, and are really bright.

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
I think Cobra fogs are way brighter but they still arent amazing, but then again they are JUST foglights, its not like they are supposed to match your headlights in light output.

ANd IMO I think the Envoy fogs look gay as shit on Cobras because they fill the entire hole and it looks bugeyed

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
attachment.php

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
i think the ones that look "bugeyed" could be fixed easily by not mounting them so far forward in the bumper. ill look into it more when i comes time to decide

badass98svt

Reaction score
They are brighter than GT lights, but not by much.
I have an OEM set I'd like to sell

Dark-5.0

Reaction score
Have you guys tried realigning your foglights. I thought mine sucked when I first bought my car. But then I adjusted them so they weren't pointing down so much, then bought some silverstars for them and there are times that I'll leave a parking lot with only the fogs on and I'll forget to turn my headlights on because I can see the road just fine with just the foglights. Of course its better with the headlights on but its managable without them. Hids will be soon though.

Jeremy

S

scarface

how do the envoy fogs bolt to the stang? to the metal part of the bumper?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online