Cobra fogs

94scdave

Reaction score
Need some help guys. My car is a 94 v6 and i bought a cobra bumper. (96 ) and cobra foglights. Need to know what i have to do to make the fogs work . The plug in for a foglight is there but when i plugged it in it didn't work. Also my parking lights doesn't work ,i can turn on the turn signal and they light up and flash .but when i just turn on the parking lights they won't. This is something new

TanTop94

Reaction score
I have a 94 gt and I did a cobra bumper/ fog swap. I even ran the lights to HIDs and I haven't had a problem. Did you try flipping the connections to the light bulbs around. Just swap them from right side up to upside down, did the trick on my HID fogs.

OP
OP
94scdave

94scdave

Reaction score
I think i might need the fog light switch for inside the car since its a v6

OP
OP
94scdave

94scdave

Reaction score
I did a search and all i can find pertains to gt's or cobra's that that already have foglights or people wanting their running lights and fogs on at the same time

OP
OP
94scdave

94scdave

Reaction score
Somebody, anybody. Wheres whats his name i bet he knows.. ttocs i believe is what he goes by..lol

TanTop94

Reaction score
What do you mean by "parking lights"? As for the fogs, you are saying that the wiring harness was already there but the switch that is on the center console for the fogs is not?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
and of course unless you modify the wiring the stock fog lights only come on with the low beams. They turn off with high beams and are not on with only the parking lights unless its modified.

OP
OP
94scdave

94scdave

Reaction score
By "parking lights" when i engage the headlight switch in the first position,only the parking lights (aka..running lights) are suppose to come on , then when the switch is fully pulled out it turns on the headlights . As i said in the op idk if its a coincidence that they dont work now because i plug in the fog lights to see if they worked or the bulbs are bad. But they work when i turn on the turn signal and flashers

OP
OP
94scdave

94scdave

Reaction score
And yes TanTop 94 the wiring harness is there,but no switch

OP
OP
94scdave

94scdave

Reaction score
Haven't looked for fuses. Im at work but ill look in the morning

OP
OP
94scdave

94scdave

Reaction score
Im working from 5:00 pm to 5:00am and sleep till 1 or 2 so it doesnt leave me much time to make it to the garage. I forgot to look . Plus i have a honey do list

whitesnake96

Reaction score
You will need to purchase the switch and pop out one of your coin holders. The pigtail should be there for plug and play and may need to add the parking light fuse underneath the dash in the fuse block

OP
OP
94scdave

94scdave

Reaction score
Just got around to working on this problem yesterday. Bought the relay cause it was missing as ttocs said. While at advanced auto buying bulbs and the relay i checked the price of a switch....,,wait for it..,,,$60. So i will be going to a salvage yard unless someone on here has one they want to sell.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry I should have chimed in earlier.

My v6 didn't have fogs originally. But its all just plug in.
Once you get the switch, pop up the coin holder and plug it in. Good to go.

Good luck finding the switch. Took me a long time to find one, especially at a decent price.
Make sure you're buying the whole switch, not just the top piece...

wmfateam

Reaction score
In my 96 Cobra there are two switches in the center console, do know which one you need/do you need both? I am switching center consoles from my cobra to 248a gt and do not need them.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
2 switches?
Usually its a fog and if its convertible then it has a switch for the top.
He needs the one with the fog light symbol on it.

I almost want to say a vert switch can be forced to work? Seems familiar but don't take my word on that...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online