Cobra front brakes and hoses

Five

Reaction score
I have read extensively on the swap and bought my calipers ('98 Cobra Raybestos from Rock Auto) rotors and pads. I need braided hoses but keep reading that there is a difference between GT and Cobra hoses but cannot find a definitive answer on what the differences are.

Can anyone educate me?

PinkieT

Reaction score
IIRC where the banjo fitting attaches to the caliper is different on the Cobra than on the GT so the caliper ends of the lines are different. I would crawl under my Cobra upgraded GT and my wife's stock GT for you but I'm having back trouble and getting under a car is just not an option right now.

OP
OP
Five

Five

Reaction score
just buy a new set of hoses from lmr or am. i think the inlet for the caliper is a bit smaller than the gt ones. where it goes into the hard line it is the same however
I see it now on LMR's site. I couldn't find Cobra specific on CJ or Russell's site.

9838stang

Reaction score
On my 98 v6, I put 98 cobra calipers on my car with mm stainless lines for cobra. And the mm lines bolted up to my 98 v6 lines non abs. I then did a motor swap to my 98. I swapped all the abs lines from my 00 gt donor car and the lines worked for that too. If that help any. Just make sure the calipers you get, you know which threads you have. I believe fine threads for the banjo bolts are 94-98 and course threads are for 99-04. Doesn't really matter but just so the banjo bolts will actually work for the caliper. I know the mm stainless lines come with both styles of banjo bolts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.