Cobra Gauge Overlay

CurtisRR14

Reaction score
hey guys, sorta new to the forum (havn't posted anything). I have a 1998 Mustang Cobra and was wondering if any of you guys know of any company's making a gauge overlay for the cobra with the 160 MPH Speedo and 6800 RPM Redline. I wanted to get something similar to the UPR products one with the white face and green glow at night to match the Autometer NV gauges i bought. I e-mailed them asking if they made one for the cobra and they dont :crying: So Any help would greatly be appreciated. :thumb:

Curtis

OP
OP
C

CurtisRR14

Reaction score
yeah, they are white faced right now, but i'm looking for a gauge overlay that will glow green at night to match the Autometer NV gauges i bought. I know they make them for the GT's but was wondering if any of you guys know of any companies that make one for the cobra.

Slow95Cobra

Reaction score
i get what youre wanting, like 03-04 cluster. i dont know anyone who makes them, may want to try speedhut guages. they may help you. but i dont think anyone really does that for cobra clusters, since everyone usually leaves the factory.

OP
OP
C

CurtisRR14

Reaction score
yeah, thats exactly what i was looking for, a 2003 cobra gauge overlay, or what ever, for the '98, but yeah, if no one makes it, then i'll just leave it.

Thnx for the replies guys

Mustang68

Reaction score
ive seen them.. but dont know who made it for your model.. but i do know theyre out there...

OP
OP
C

CurtisRR14

Reaction score
like green LED's to replace the regluar bulb behind the cluster?

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Um, the Cobra gauges do glow green already, at least on mine they do. Stock yellow backlights with a blue film=green. No idea what it is you're trying to change.

Mustang68

Reaction score
my guess is hes wanting it to be like this...

eglo_LRG.gif

unless i misunderstood what he was saying up there

95 svt cobra

Reaction score
probably thats what hes talking about, you have more luck finding one for your car than i do. i searched and searched and basically everyone told me im SOL so thats why i did the LED swap and noe my cluster is blue. Since no one cares about 94-95's lol its impossibvle to find cool stuff like the reverse glow, at least for the cobras

Mustang68

Reaction score
well the one i posted the picture of is for the 94-98 GT's im not sure if itd work on the cobra's or not.. been told the 04 terminators had the boost gauge where the oil pressure one is there on that cluster.. but i dunno if the other ones had it like that or not.. or if they were even supercharged... havent done much research into the older cobras...

95 svt cobra

Reaction score
yeah it would work, but its thw whole 160 mph thing that gets you. All of the guage overlays ive seen only go to 150 and cobras have 160

OP
OP
C

CurtisRR14

Reaction score
yeah, i just did and a L.E.D. swap. Looks pretty good. I'll take some pics when it gets darker outside. BTW they're the green LED's from Superbright LEDS.

OP
OP
C

CurtisRR14

Reaction score
alright, here they are. srry it took so long. couldn't find my camera :crazy2:

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

DSCN1895.jpg

DSCN1894.jpg

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
The green looks good. I personally like the blue look when you swap in white LEDs but that's just me. Nice setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online

No members online now.