cobra independent rear suspension???????

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
Ok iv been looking into the cobra irs short long arm independent rear suspension. Does any one know where there might be a right up or a how to is there any major differences I know they made it to fit in the original location but what about the little things that can add up like an extra mounting tab here or there. im not a big drag race fan I like auto-X I know my cars not the best for that but I just like independent suspension its smooth handles better and it has an inch and a help wider stance so I don’t need the wheel spacers now. Just a little extra thing that makes me happy. Any information would be grate.

OP
OP
B

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
A lot of the cobra guys are making a lot of hors power and the IRS allows for a lot of wheel hop over the solid rear but my car is putting out far les power so I don’t think wheel hop will be much of an issue. So if any of you guys has or knows any one wanting to trade up let me know. I love to corner

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
billmacomber1987 said:
want to trade rears

I had thought about swapping for a solid axle when I first got the Cobra, but after some further consideration I have decided to stick with the IRS. There is a good selection of parts to deal with the wheel-hop issue and the ride advantage over the solid rear is VERY noticeable on the street. On top of that I don't do enough track duty with it to warrant the hassle of doing a solid rear swap. The swap is very popular with the mega high hp cars and the guys that go to the strip every weekend with their snakes, but that's not me, mine is more of a cruiser than a track warrior. However if you go over to svtperformance I KNOW you will find a ass load of guys that would trip over their tongues to swap rears with you. Good luck ( you wont need it though, those guys over there have big time hp and are all in love with the idea of a solid rear)

OP
OP
B

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
ill check it out my rear is all stock with 308 gears with 95,000 i dont think that matters but i dont have alot of money so ill see what goes on

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
hey you have a late model solid rear axle...........................thats all that matters

OP
OP
B

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
I like the feel of an irs there less prone to over steer. And there a little more forgiving, plus its an sn95 with irs that’s cool. There’s alor of guys trying to sell me there irs im waiting for prices but im almost willing to bet its going to be way more than I could afford I rather trade some one so no one looses money and every one gets what they want.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
well I can tell you I've heard a couple grand minimum over at SVTPerformance, that is of course for the entire rear and all the hardware that goes with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online