cobra or saleen

rio94

Reaction score
have a 94 cobra and have a friend that wants to trade me an old project car (65 mustang coupe) for a full saleen body kit including front, rear bumpers, side skirts with door fillers, S-281 spoiler, new screen kit, and all the decals, chrome 18x9 front and 18x10.5 rear saleen wheels never mounted kit is still in black primer and never been painted. he had it on his 98 cobra and everything seemed to fit good, but he bought a real 96 saleen and doesnt want the other stuff anymore what do you guys think???? would my car look good as a saleen it is rio red and all the saleen decals are silver let me know what you guys think O0

OP
OP
R

rio94

Reaction score
yeah it is about 70% done and i just lost intrest. have a s-trim just setting there waiting to be put on the cobra and i am thinking why do i need two cars i am always wanting to work on? i dont know what to do

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ehh I really dont like the saleen body kits that much so I wouldnt do it, but thast just me.

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
i think it would look badass, as far as the silver decals, not so much. black saleen decals would look a ton better than silver. IMO i would trade him, have yourself a faleen, throw the supercharger on it and be done. P.S., i live about an hour away from you rio94.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I like the SN95 Saleen kit but i like the stock Cobra look even more...have you priced out what your 65 is worth? You might make out better just selling it to someone who is looking to take on a project.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
i dont think your getting the good end of that trade... i guess it is hard to say w/o knowing more about your 65 but @ 70% done i would think it was worth more than the saleen body kit. I also like the stock cobra over the saleen. If you really want the saleen kit and you want to get rid of the 65 then it might be better to just sell the 65 and buy the kit from him.

OP
OP
R

rio94

Reaction score
i say it is 70% done but i started on this thing when i was 15 and some of the things that have been done i would like to change now. it is time now replace the floor pans because of rust, started this and it just seems every piece you cut out you find more rust :rant: so you get to the point you get tired of it and it is taking up one of my garages just want it gone, and then he offered up this deal

97vertstang

Reaction score
im not a big fan of the saleen kit, especially if u already a cobra.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Value wise I would say keep the coupe and not do the trade.

G

GREG@SN95

DON'T DO IT!
DO NOT DO IT!

YOU WILL REGRET IT!

YOU WILL NEVER, NEVER EVER EVER FIND ANOTHER 1968 LIKE WHAT YOU GOT NOW!

I'M TELLING YOU THAT YOU WILL REGRET IT!

FUCK SALEEN ITS GAY ANYWAY!

KEEP THE 68!

lol

just my .02

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online