Cobra owners do you get much hate from GT's ?

whty98

Reaction score
Wow, you guys actually get somebody decent to race you. I have a very nice looking 98 GT and all I get are super shitty ricers and smoke them. I live in Kansas where the mustang crowd is not big at all. If I see someone with a nice mustang, any body year or engine, I give a wave or thumbs up.....no response at all. The other week there was an old man with some killer exhaust on a 97, didn't even look at me. WTF, people really should be nicer and appreciate other's rides. Snakebit, great post. Mustang owners all have something in common, a love for the same car

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
So im not the only one to get a dose of " Hater-aid" ;D ;D its a shame how some guys treet other guys of the mustang cloth :nonono:

jpajkos

Reaction score
It's not the car its the driver. Call it jealousy or whatever makes you feel better. Bottom line is there stupid for hating and I wouldn't waste my time with it. There more important things to worry about then some punk kid giving you dirty looks. When anyone does that to me I just look at them with a serious look and look at the road.

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
95 Sleeper said:
Cobra's Rule!!!!!!!!! :) Neah, normally around here it is the 03-04 Cobra owners that are the butheads. I love eating there cars for lunch.

i bet you do lol

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
theres alot of stangs around here.. i wave at all of them. im usually the first to wave, dont normally wave at v6's though because most are girls that just happend to get a mustang and dont care about them. but if i see a nice 6, i say nice car or whats up or wave or something.

dont worry about the rudeness of other stangers.. its a shame they dont share the same passion that we all do but not everyone is like us. im 17 and drive a cobra, but if ANYONE pulls up next to me in a nice car, i flip up the deuces or wave or thumbs up them.. idc what kinda car it is, srt4, vipers, stangs, hondas.. w/e. i just like cars in general.

some fag monday night after a ricekiller (car show) meet was in a turbo'd rx7, very loud and very nice. he was about 18.. i had 4 people in my car so i had no intentions of racing or anything.. but my friend who is in loveeeee with imports and all cars really, but mainly imports was like nice ride man.. the kid seriously gave him the worst look i have seen from anyone.. it wasnt like a be quite type face, it was honest to god a "you better stfu, or i will rip your head off" type look.. i was like wow man.. then he just got on it hardcore.

dont worry brian, ignore the bad apples.

Reaction score
I don't really get any GT haters. But I've noticed since I put the exhaust on I get every tom, dick, and harry trying to get me to run... and I think I drive slower than average. Oh well.

whty98

Reaction score
TxCobrA98 said:
theres alot of stangs around here.. i wave at all of them. im usually the first to wave, dont normally wave at v6's though because most are girls that just happend to get a mustang and dont care about them. but if i see a nice 6, i say nice car or whats up or wave or something.

dont worry about the rudeness of other stangers.. its a shame they dont share the same passion that we all do but not everyone is like us. im 17 and drive a cobra, but if ANYONE pulls up next to me in a nice car, i flip up the deuces or wave or thumbs up them.. idc what kinda car it is, srt4, vipers, stangs, hondas.. w/e. i just like cars in general.

some fag monday night after a ricekiller (car show) meet was in a turbo'd rx7, very loud and very nice. he was about 18.. i had 4 people in my car so i had no intentions of racing or anything.. but my friend who is in loveeeee with imports and all cars really, but mainly imports was like nice ride man.. the kid seriously gave him the worst look i have seen from anyone.. it wasnt like a be quite type face, it was honest to god a "you better stfu, or i will rip your head off" type look.. i was like wow man.. then he just got on it hardcore.

dont worry brian, ignore the bad apples.

Wow, 17 and a cobra. I got my 98 GT when I just turned 17 and bought with MY money. I would have loved a cobra and still do of that exact year and color. Oh well, I'm now 19 and a decent GT in college :) Congrats on the cobra

SLITH3R96

Reaction score
Well I think I can chime in on this one BTW very good thread idea :thumb:. I personally have never ran into a GT that gave me a bad look and/or evil stare. Just today a 96ish Gt vert pulled into my work, I was sitting outside with a co-working when he he pulled up. The first thing he did was look around and happened to see my cobra in the corner. He then nodded to his buddy to check it out. I went to him and said " You like my cobra?" and he said "yes very nice." No hate at all. The only hate I ever got has been from the losers at stangnet, which BANNED me for stating that 99+ Gts are slower than 96-98 Cobras....Bastards :nonono:. Snake you might get hate because your a 99/01 Cobra. I dont even like them, I got one around the corner from me and he gives me the evilest looks. And yes Cobras are a bit expensive ( I payed 10,500 for my 96 original owner, full documentation w/ 67000 miles.) But If I can afford one, being im 18, anyone can afford one. People...Dreams can come true....

If you got the money.

95 Sleeper

Reaction score
SvtBlack95 said:
95 Sleeper said:
Cobra's Rule!!!!!!!!! :) Neah, normally around here it is the 03-04 Cobra owners that are the butheads. I love eating there cars for lunch.

i bet you do lol
It is really funny when they think they can outrun you and my car hasn't even started up yet. Once mine starts they all start to back pedal.

blackfang

Reaction score
I get a few that make snide looks or constantly rev on me, but then I just throw it in 2nd, mash the gas take it to 7000 and for some reason they stop. :rollinglaugh:

jpajkos

Reaction score
Yeah i guess if you throw it in 2nd and mash on it tha shows um. :-\ I don't do anything all they do is listen to the car and when I give it alittle gas everyone usually backs off

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
SLITH3R96 said:
People...Dreams can come true....

very true.. i have dreamed about owning a Cobra since i was probably about 7.. i knew i would own one but not 10 years from then.. i thought id have it when i was about 25 or 30.. i love when people come up and compliment my car. not because im being snobby or something, but because I know i worked hard for that car and every thing on it and it makes me feel like it was all worth it. heck, just looking at my car from my window gets me all tickled inside, im not kidding lol.. at school, i get out, set the alarm and probably look back 4 or 5 times just to make sure its ok and admire how she sits and looks lol.. i love my car, honestly more than alot of things.. if i lost my car, i would probably break down and cry. i dont think ive loved something more than that car. :)

ck5.0

Reaction score
I always like to give props to someone with a clean Cobra. I usually give them to other people in stangs as well. I think that kind of thing happens on other levels to. The V6 Stangs hate the GT's the GT's hate the SVT's and all of the rice hates us. Just a thing to remember is that it not every one in a GT that does not like Cobra's or everyone in a V6 that does not like GT's its more than likely just the people that are not really Mustang enthusiast or that are just douches.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
There are a lot of mustangs around where I live, V6 to New Saleen's and Roush's. Everytime I see a cobra I just go wow.... cobra.... :behind:
The only people I get glares from are the Kids who drive the Lancers, WRX's ect. Other than that the mustang guys up here respect each other. Maybe the only exception to that rule is sometimes the people is brand new Roush's or Saleens... They kinda just have this "my mustang is faster then yours" mentality.

Greggerex

Reaction score
I LOVE it when I get a wave from a Mustang driver coming at me from the other side of the road.

There IS a kinship that crosses all the trims and generations.

:drunk:

97_SN95GT

Reaction score
I dont like the cobra owners around here (ie. kids that aren't ever 20 yet). I was at a stoplight and a 04 cobra pulled up next to me and the guy told me to get my piece of shit off the road. I was rather offended because I was just getting ready to tell him his car was gorgeous. Well needless to say he smoked the tires down the road and I drove past him on the hood of a cop car while he was getting read his rights. HAHAHAHA. I think he got what he deserves but here's my outlook on this. A Mustang is a Mustang, the nostalgia is there no matter what condition its in, how many cylinders you have, and what it performs like. Were all brothers and sisters no need to get cocky. You just might end up like this guy.

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
97_SN95GT said:
I dont like the cobra owners around here (ie. kids that aren't ever 20 yet). I was at a stoplight and a 04 cobra pulled up next to me and the guy told me to get my piece of shit off the road. I was rather offended because I was just getting ready to tell him his car was gorgeous. Well needless to say he smoked the tires down the road and I drove past him on the hood of a cop car while he was getting read his rights. HAHAHAHA. I think he got what he deserves but here's my outlook on this. A Mustang is a Mustang, the nostalgia is there no matter what condition its in, how many cylinders you have, and what it performs like. Were all brothers and sisters no need to get cocky. You just might end up like this guy.

Bud that rings true for MOST Terminator owners :aresehole:

97_SN95GT

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
97_SN95GT said:

Yea but just because you can spend more doesn't mean you're better than me and I drive a POS. lol Well see whose talking when a terminator pulls next to me and talks shit once I get my beast done a blown 2V is not to be underestimated. mwuhahahaha :banana:

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
97_SN95GT said:
Snakebit said:
97_SN95GT said:

Yea but just because you can spend more doesn't mean you're better than me and I drive a POS. lol Well see whose talking when a terminator pulls next to me and talks shit once I get my beast done a blown 2V is not to be underestimated. mwuhahahaha :banana:

Yup :boink: :boink: :boink:............just be carefull that Terminator you pull beside doesnt have pulleys and a flash on it :D

97_SN95GT

Reaction score
No one around here's got sense enough to even think about upgrading the engine the slightest bit its all show here unfortunatley either that or stock nothing wrong with that though still love me some terminators

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online