Cobra owners do you get much hate from GT's ?

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
97_SN95GT said:
No one around here's got sense enough to even think about upgrading the engine the slightest bit its all show here unfortunatley either that or stock nothing wrong with that though still love me some terminators
damn where are you at, backwoods Alabama :D

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
97_SN95GT said:
I dont like the cobra owners around here (ie. kids that aren't ever 20 yet). I was at a stoplight and a 04 cobra pulled up next to me and the guy told me to get my piece of shit off the road. I was rather offended because I was just getting ready to tell him his car was gorgeous. Well needless to say he smoked the tires down the road and I drove past him on the hood of a cop car while he was getting read his rights. HAHAHAHA. I think he got what he deserves but here's my outlook on this. A Mustang is a Mustang, the nostalgia is there no matter what condition its in, how many cylinders you have, and what it performs like. Were all brothers and sisters no need to get cocky. You just might end up like this guy.

Very well put. :thumb: :thumb:

ck5.0

Reaction score
My brothers got an 03 Terminator putting 512 HP to the rear wheels. He still does not act like a dick to other people unless they are shitty cars or ricers. He's always on the lookout for cool stangs

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
ck5.0 said:
My brothers got an 03 Terminator putting 512 HP to the rear wheels. He still does not act like a dick to other people unless they are shitty cars or ricers. He's always on the lookout for cool stangs

hes one in a million :santa_cheesy:, most of the guys that own them are :aresehole:'s

M.O.E

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
ck5.0 said:

hes one in a million :santa_cheesy:, most of the guys that own them are :aresehole:'s

Very true they lost touch.......

mdheath

Reaction score
I just bought a 98 Cobra Vert here in Hawaii, after dreaming of having one my whole life (still want a 68 though). It seems Mustangs are a popular car on the island, but whenever I see one that has work done to it, I give a thumbs up, since I've appreciated them forever. But..even with cruise control set to the speed limit on the highway, I still get everyone and their mother pulling up on me and trying to go at it. It's all fun, but the Cobra is bone stock and everything else has work done lol...guess I just need to step up and get some mods soon! :p But anyways, first post on here..really glad I found this particular sight..tons of good post topics from what I've seen!

Reaction score
mdheath said:
I just bought a 98 Cobra Vert here in Hawaii, after dreaming of having one my whole life (still want a 68 though). It seems Mustangs are a popular car on the island, but whenever I see one that has work done to it, I give a thumbs up, since I've appreciated them forever. But..even with cruise control set to the speed limit on the highway, I still get everyone and their mother pulling up on me and trying to go at it. It's all fun, but the Cobra is bone stock and everything else has work done lol...guess I just need to step up and get some mods soon! :p But anyways, first post on here..really glad I found this particular sight..tons of good post topics from what I've seen!

Rock on man. Welcome.

Snakbit97

Reaction score
Hey guys, glad I found you as I own a 97 Cobra with 20,500 miles. I tried being nice to all Mustang owners for awhile, but they aren't very friendly toward Cobra owners around here for the most part. I'm friendly to those that show themselves friendly.

NORTON98

Reaction score
Well I was too lazy to read all ur guys post but im pretty sure that none of you have said what im about to say...

I had the same opinion as those GT owners for about an hour. That pissed off annoyed opinion about the COBRAs, UNTILL I came to my senses. This all happened when I recently visited a shop that was hosting a meeting in my town specifically for mustangs. I started to talk to the owner and I went over some of the stuff I wanted to do to my car and what not (PI intake,PIcams,gears). But he ended up telling me this...

"best bang for your buck is gears, then maybe a supercharger (mom said no to that im only 16 gotta listen to er), if you ask me you should just get a 03/04 COBRA. Your mustang isnt the best mustang out there. no forged internals poor flowing heads blahblahblah." Then i talked to some other guys(mustang meeting sort of) and they all said ya probably should sell your car and get a some sort of COBRA or 05 06 mustang...

So I went home that night looking at autotraders...Now i dont care how wealthy you are selling a car ESPECIALLY your first and a nice one at that is pretty depressing. So for that hour i was a lil pissed about it (kind of like your run with GT owners). But then i realized that it isnt about how much hp, how fast, or how good looking your car is, but that w/e you do to it makes you happy. Another thing is, its not the Cobra owners fault. I drive a GT not a V6, its not my fault i drive a GT to all the V6 owners. Not to mention the fact that we all own a MUSTANG therefor we are all on the same TEAM. So there you have it

Mike

NORTON98

Reaction score
I tried to keep it short,, as you can tell with my abrupt ending.

Another thing for all you young guys like me. When you get to talking to these harsh mustang enthusiast a good way of defending what you love(your damn car). Ask them what there first car was. Maybe a GEO ha ha...

Mike

Greggerex

Reaction score
Yeah, there's mostly only hating from the :rice: around here... for the most part, the Mustang community here is mostly 99-04 V6 Mustangs... there are NOT many GTs or Cobras kicking around. Which is a shame... I wish there was a bigger Mustang population. :santa_cry:

whty98

Reaction score
A small population makes us unique, as the reason why you modify the exterior to make it your own. If there were too many people with cobras or gts, they would loose some of their godliness ;)

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
there are a few stangs around here but i dont see them much as i only drive my cobra a few times a month and hardly even that now.. when i get to(even when i had my brothers v6) ill wave or give the thumbs up(BTW im only 19 and have only had it a year), most of the time i dont get anything, ill even give the thumbs up to other really nice cars but its the im too good for you look...

the only thing i noticed now is you deff get alot more attention now haha, specially since its a shinny ORANGE(liek chevy metallic burnt orange) cobra lol..
i get alot of looks from people driving other cars and stuff, some people in nice weather will have thier windowss down at lights and say nice car and it sounds nice..

BUT! i never can catch a break, whenever i drive my cobra i dont get to see any nice cars near me or at a light or anythiing... when i drive what would be my 97 touras.. ill see every kind of friggin nice car(mustangs turning the same way as me, coming the opposite way, some ricers that i know would try and be gay and race me rofl, and it just makes me mad as all hell!!!!

but yea ide have to say its the driver not the car that is like that, cuz i know im not. I just dont have nice people that drive stangs where im from :lame:

and as far as terminators, yea some are cocky assholes.. but my cobra group MACA has about 270 cobras in it and most are terminators, and none of them are assholes by any means.. but ide say yea, in general they are... if i SCed my car and had supporting mods like they did they wouldnt be cocky anymore... theyl eventually get over it

Quick96Mystic

Reaction score
I have only gotten one bad look from a GT owner (05+ GT) and he lives a few blocks down from me

other than that most GT owners are cool!

i was messing with a '05+ GT with a roush kit on the freeway the other day leave galpin ford.. cool guy

I love GT owners, they're usually cool people :)

95-stang

Reaction score
Just does'nt happen over here, theres so few of us, its a case of just waving away. :)

As far as the chavs [scummy kids] and there overloaded Civics etc go, well they want to prove something all the time.

JERSEYTHUNDER

Reaction score
a clean stang....is a clean stang!!!! i've seen some NASTY stangs that weren't GT or COBRA!!!
i give props to them all......half the COBRA out there are clones anyway

my .02
JT

S

scarface

I live in a fox body town, but as long as you own a stang you are good. I get some hate from cobra owners, cause they dont like being beat. But I give respect to all stangs. O0

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.