Cobra owners do you get much hate from GT's ?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had been thinking about this since I got my snake back in February then today it surfaced again, on TWO separate occasions today coming home from work I had run in's with GT's. The first one was a 4.6 96-98 body style, he was very cocky acting in his car he pulled beside me in traffic gave me a nasty stare and jumped his car a dozen times ( in heavy traffic :mad:) and when we finally got out of all the cars in the way we did a short run out of third and after I let out and he got back beside me he once again gave me a VERY hatefull look and took off to the far right lane and turned :dunno: :dunno: Second time was a New model GT, we did not have any racing action like the first time, we were in traffic and he had a " I'll piss all over you " look on his face when he looked over at me in my car ??? After the first incident I did not want to do any more street racing for the day so I let him go right on by and before he drove on he once again gave me a cocky you ain't got shit look and in disgust drove off :-\. I did not DO ANYTHING to provoke these guys and they acted like I pissed in their corn flakes this morning, there has been other occasions like this over the last few months but I didn't let them bother me, however today is GETTING TO ME :-[ When I see other stangs I usually the first to give the thumbs up sign to the other stang, but I didn't even get a chance to today.......they gave the nasty looks before I could do anything :nonono:

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have not had any thing like this happen from Mustang owners, only :rice:. It only seems to happen when my wife is in the car with me, so I never get the opportunity to torch them.

jpajkos

Reaction score
Around here all the cobra guys think they are the shit. I presonally like to hand out ass whompin's when they cocky. Yeah an 03-04 takes me and pulls pretty hard, but 96-01's I give them a hell of run for there money. When guys think because they own an "SVT" and try to think there better then GT owners I laugh. Yeah they have nice motor's and looks but it don't matter in my book. I bought a mustang because one day weather you own a cobra or GT it's going to be a piece of history and one's who think there superior are only making themselves infearior to everyone else. Friendship is worth alot more in the long run sharing your passion for all platforms wether it be a GT,LX, Cobra, or V6. I give thumbs up to ALL mustangs and help out in anyway I can.

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can see your points you make and they are relevant however I am not one of "those" SVT owners and i don't feel I deserve the kind of treatment I have been getting from GT owners. :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: Some guys are just ass holes I guess :mad:

97vertstang

Reaction score
not from me snake,
i give em the thumbs up when i see any nice GT or snake. i see a lot more cocky GT owners than cobras.especially 99-04.its usually the younger crowd that doesnt know shit about cars ,that get cocky in whatever car they have.i was rolling with my friend in his 2000 SS camaro when some young dude revved on us on a 94-95 v6 mustang that said 4.6L on the hood, we both were like WTF???? my friend did a nice smoke show to let him know we werent posers.he didnt look at us again.i dont think its much the car is who drives it, and usually its the younger crowd. remember snake dont destroy ur car or hurt urself to show some stupid punk kid that u were better.theyre just jealous they cant afford a cobra. SHIT, i know i dont have a cobra cause i cant afford the insurance, if not ill be all over one.

jpajkos

Reaction score
Honestly I don't know if it's wether or not they can afford a cobra. I think for the younger crowd a GT is alot less expensive. Around here guys ask WAY TO MUCH for a cobra. 96s-98s with 88k-100k they still try to ask 10k-17k. I think thats completly outragous. It really usually are the kids who give not only the mustang a bad rep but it makes it hard on guys like us when it comes to insurance because they all race around and kill people. About people hating on you i guess cuz you own a cobra ignore it. You know how many ricers I get everyday flaring at me. It's pathetic... I just ingore the shit and go on my way. Like I said though around here its alot different. People buy there kids cobra's and everything cuz they can afford too. Simply just ignore them. They have no idea what brotherhood is. I preach it when it comes to mustangs but they don't care. I run a car club around here and posted on quite a few boards recruiting people. Well the first couple of weeks went great but really I saw there was no future with alot of members so I gave them the boot. I went from having over 20 people in the club to now 6. These 6 people have made it to every meeting and have showed alot of intrest in the club. The rest just wanted to race around and well do nothing. Everytime I set up a meeting they always had excuse's and well it got old. Your probably wondering what my point is and its this. If people can't grow up and see thats it's not about owning a GT or cobra what matters is that we all share the same passion for the same company. If they give you dirty looks and such just tell yourself theres at least one person on the road who bears the name with compassion and alot of integrity. The rest is all bull shit. Sorry for rambling but hey thats why we got great site's like this. Alot of us on here share the same views and are helpful. Try finding that at SVTperformance. Any GT or V6 go on that site we get murdered. Just stating facts is all. Your a good guy Snake don't let punks demish that.

97vertstang

Reaction score
yeah most people just want to show off, at first when i got my stang, i joined stangnet, and evrything i asked was shut down or made fun of, im mechanically inclined but at the time i wasnt mustang inclined. i joined svt just to check cars out, and i havent posted nothing beacuse u need a hopped up SS,viper or 03 to talk over there.i do think theres mustang brotherhood, and for me this site is where i found it :thumb: like jpajkos said just ignore it!!!

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
jpajkos said:
Honestly I don't know if it's wether or not they can afford a cobra. I think for the younger crowd a GT is alot less expensive. Around here guys ask WAY TO MUCH for a cobra. 96s-98s with 88k-100k they still try to ask 10k-17k. I think thats completly outragous. It really usually are the kids who give not only the mustang a bad rep but it makes it hard on guys like us when it comes to insurance because they all race around and kill people. About people hating on you i guess cuz you own a cobra ignore it. You know how many ricers I get everyday flaring at me. It's pathetic... I just ingore the shit and go on my way. Like I said though around here its alot different. People buy there kids cobra's and everything cuz they can afford too. Simply just ignore them. They have no idea what brotherhood is. I preach it when it comes to mustangs but they don't care. I run a car club around here and posted on quite a few boards recruiting people. Well the first couple of weeks went great but really I saw there was no future with alot of members so I gave them the boot. I went from having over 20 people in the club to now 6. These 6 people have made it to every meeting and have showed alot of intrest in the club. The rest just wanted to race around and well do nothing. Everytime I set up a meeting they always had excuse's and well it got old. Your probably wondering what my point is and its this. If people can't grow up and see thats it's not about owning a GT or cobra what matters is that we all share the same passion for the same company. If they give you dirty looks and such just tell yourself theres at least one person on the road who bears the name with compassion and alot of integrity. The rest is all bull shit. Sorry for rambling but hey thats why we got great site's like this. Alot of us on here share the same views and are helpful. Try finding that at SVTperformance. Any GT or V6 go on that site we get murdered. Just stating facts is all. Your a good guy Snake don't let punks demish that.

well said im getting :'( eyed ;D

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
ya i know what you mean snake.... i think its just jealous some guys have they wish they had a cobra... but i will say i have seen alot of nice gt and wi will give props to them anyday but once the cocky looks comes out i give them hell and when i beat them they dont look just drive away dont wry bout it man its just some guys its not all of them

4point6GT

Reaction score
Well I am glad I have not been given dirty looks or been dissed by other stangs especially cobras cuz I love cobras. When I see a stang I always try to say whats up, never Im better than you !!!! :slap: lol. I do race other stangs tho but afterwards we cool :thumb: like my first race was with a bad ass red 5.0 gt on chrome rims, tinted ass windows. We raced like 3 times then at the end they roll down the window n its a girl, she jus smiles n shakes her head as in "ur crazy" ;). about 2 weeks ago I raced a cobra 03-04 i believe, it smoked me in 1st gear :hammer: but wasnt mad, i expected it, It was great......wanted to see how that beast ran.

rgs

Reaction score
around where i live we have a pretty big mustang population. i've found that there are some certain guys that think they are too good for the average joe. sorry to say it but most are terminator owners. sure they have fast cars and all but they arent fkn supercars. that being said the 1 guy i cruise with the most and is a super cool person that doesnt give a shit how fast the cars are he's with. he would rather cruise with 5 slow cars moreso that 1 other fast car, and i think thats awesome. so it really does go from one end of the spectrum to the other. but im pretty sure its like that with every type of car, and it all boils down to idiot owners... lol. sorry if that makes no sense im tired and burnt out lol :D

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
most of the mustangs i run into around town are older guys who think they are too damn good to wave back. for the most part i dont race on the street, and the last two times i did i got spanked from two turboed ricers. now since the blower i havnt ran into really anyone on the street, that and the car has been down for the most part. i really wish there were more mustang enthusiast around here.

95 Sleeper

Reaction score
Cobra's Rule!!!!!!!!! :) Neah, normally around here it is the 03-04 Cobra owners that are the butheads. I love eating there cars for lunch.

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
I have a 95 gt with snake emblems on it and im 17. I get bad looks from people all the time for no reason at all. I was coming home from the mall today in traffic and a yellow cobalt was on my ass the whole time then he got next to me and looked right over and stared at me for atleast 10 seconds, I was more worried about the guy looking where he is going then looking at me lol. I just didn't understand he gave me the fuck you look for no reason and he was driving a cobalt that wasn't even supercharged. So I just kept looking straight and kept to myself even though this guy got back behind me and started tailing me.

4point6GT

Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
I have a 95 gt with snake emblems on it and im 17. I get bad looks from people all the time for no reason at all. I was coming home from the mall today in traffic and a yellow cobalt was on my ass the whole time then he got next to me and looked right over and stared at me for atleast 10 seconds, I was more worried about the guy looking where he is going then looking at me lol. I just didn't understand he gave me the fuck you look for no reason and he was driving a cobalt that wasn't even supercharged. So I just kept looking straight and kept to myself even though this guy got back behind me and started tailing me.

dont worry bro u kno chevys :eek:utofcloset: :slap:

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
4point6GT said:
95Grandtouring5.0 said:

dont worry bro u kno chevys :eek:utofcloset: :slap:

im acutally a chevy guy and had a 94 z before the mustang lol. I like mustangs, chevys, trans am's. I like pretty much all domestic muscle cars, its the imports I don't care for. Im not biased about domestics though.

TripleBlack95

Reaction score
I had a 95 triple black GT vert and now with the Cobra I have 1000X more attention (aside from the fact that its completley pristine). I've also noticed that in my area I'll get the wave FIRST whereas I hardly ever got the wave in the old whip. I don't know I show love to everything except V6's. It's a completley different level of love and respect IMHO.

I don't get any hate from GT's, most won't even try.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online