Cobra R Brembos

codfod

Reaction score
I found a pair of Cobra R Brembos on craigslist and I had a few questions that pertain to this specific set. Firstly there's a small amount of damage to the hose attachment point on one of the calipers. Barely a chip on the inside of the attachment, but would even that small amount of damage cause the attachment point to need to be resurfaced?

Also he said the last time the caliper was used was about 8 years ago, so would seals have dried out or would there be any other kind of issue?

Reaction score
whats the asking price, its all in the asking price but to be honest i wouldnt bother with that kit. i would look into pete's build and see what he is doing as well as what his company provides.
[MENTION=17526]Pete@FTR[/MENTION]

fullytorquedracing.com

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
Asking price is 675. I've looked into the FTR kit and got pretty serious about getting it but decided to stick with my 17's for the time being.

wmfateam

Reaction score
Depending on cost to resurface that, which I can't image being very expensive at all, I would check in to the cost of replacement seals and brake pads. Also check into brake pad costs. I would buy them if I didn't just get the revolution kit.

00U0U_jfirw6DyFmT_1200x900.jpg

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
Yup those are the ones lol. He's selling the whole kit, pads, rotors and hoses included. So the additional cost would mostly come down to potentially resurfacing and replacement seals.

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
I picked them up last night, been out of town for a couple weeks. Ended up being a hell of a deal, got the Cobra R kit itself plus another three or four sets of pads, some custom air duct backing plates, and since he was just going to throw them out, 2 Nitto NT01 315's that are pretty much trashed. All in all pretty pleased lol

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would not let that little bit scare you. Having them stripped and repowdered would probably not be too much or strip it yourself and paint but powder is the way to go on calipers.

wmfateam

Reaction score
I picked them up last night, been out of town for a couple weeks. Ended up being a hell of a deal, got the Cobra R kit itself plus another three or four sets of pads, some custom air duct backing plates, and since he was just going to throw them out, 2 Nitto NT01 315's that are pretty much trashed. All in all pretty pleased lol
Awesome sauce!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online