Cobra R Hoods

Spyder

Reaction score
Ill keep it simple, Whos got them? Where did you get it? How tall is the cowl? How much? Wheres a pic of your car? Thanks

ryclef331

Reaction score
142863686.jpg

Bought it from Steeda. Made by Kaenen. 1 3/4" rise. around 470 bucks or so shipped.

hissedoff

Reaction score
Cervini's (the best quality) $399 for bolt on, 2.5" cowl (I think, maybe 3"). The reason I like it is because of the reinforcements at the latch plate, and the overall thickness and quality of the finish.

347SN95004resize.jpg

347SN95006resize.jpg

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I got mine from a general stangshop, but I wish I spent a extra $150 or so and got Cervanis just because of the nice latch and perfect fit they have. As well as these guys I have the regular sized cobra R cowl not sure the acutal measurement.

after.jpg

Downshift

Reaction score
Has anyone found a 2000 Cobra R hood with at least a 3 inch cowl? I like the top air slits but I have only seen low cowl ones I want a bigger one haha. Oh and Matt your car is so damn sexy! That red is freakin sweet. And those headlights are perfect.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Cervinis, Kaenen / Steeda, and Harwood. The BEST hoods for the money. You can't go wrong. My steeda hood has a big ass plate to reinforce the latch and the finish was great. The fit...perfect. Bolted right on with no shimming or shaving needed AND it was $100 less than Cervninis.

jimgt95

Reaction score
Mine is Cervinis. It works great and I like the dual cowl vents viewable from the inside of the car. Quallity is top notch. All of the original Cobra R hoods I have seen have only one cowl vent (on the drivers side). The passenger side is flat with the vacuum sticker mounted to it.

94yellowgt

Reaction score
Mine is 4". I got it from Liberty Mustang for like $285 give or take ten dollars shipped. The quality is not that great but you get what you pay for.

[attachment deleted by admin] SORRY HAD TO CLEAR ROOM

OP
OP
S

Spyder

Reaction score
Thanks guy. Lots of sick looking cars. It sounds like the majority of you either went with cervinis, or wish you had so i think that answers my question. Now with the Cervinis hood, are hood pins a must, or is it just for looks.

jimgt95

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
hood pins on most are a must, with cervanis I would say you will prob be fine...but I have heard of many hoods flying up on people.

I've never had my Cervinis Cobra R hood fly up on me. It does take a good slam to get it to latch though.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No I wasnt talking about Cervanis I was just ment fibreglass hoods in general, with no pins your taking a risk but less of a risk with a quality hood like Cervanis, Steeda etc then you would with a generic cobra r hood.

ryclef331

Reaction score
steeda hoods ARE top notch...but they even state on their site and in their catalog, if you're going to be exceeding 80mph, they advise hood pins. You better believe my shit is locked.

To the guy who wanted to get an HO Fibertrends hood....psshh. Good luck getting in touch with them. I left them about a million messages to call me back and email me. Never an answer and never a call back. Fuck'em.

OP
OP
S

Spyder

Reaction score
Ryclef331 - Straight and to the point, i like that. Thanks man

So who make a nice hood pin set that doesnt look like shit and is good quality too. Im just trying to make sure i cover all my bases before i go buy something that i will regret.

wytstang

Reaction score
Depends on when you call them, during race season (IIRC NHRA) they are hard to get a hold of. Same goes for KooKs custom headers, order some headers during race season and you product takes longer to build. They are very active during NHRA participating in pretty much every event, Most small shops like Hofibertrends, Kooks, Ed Curtis@FTI , ect , ect fall behind during this time. Yes they lose $$ and customers through missed/neglected email/phone calls but gain business through track events.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Staff online

Members online