-:Cobra R I came across:-

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So a few days ago I was picking up a car from one of our accounts at work and I decided to see what's new in his inventory. I came across this bad mamajama. It needs an exterior detail but everything looks great in pictures and most people wouldn't have even noticed. Bottom line is it's just as clean as it looks.

y5yse5ab.jpg

azetajam.jpg

hu7a6a5y.jpg

ymuharez.jpg

ese5ymy4.jpg

vytasa4a.jpg

dydaze6y.jpg

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
There's one just like it in this tiny one horse town about 15 miles from me that is super clean. It's like a unicorn though, you rarely see it.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Oh lord Jesus. I've seen one in person, there's something very special about being next to one.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Ahhh nice! Saw one here at car show but it was modified with a huge turbo. I'd rather see a stock one.

RichV

Reaction score
Cool machines. Been on track with one a couple of times. I'd rather see one racing, what they were made for. Not sitting in a collection.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
My friend Debbie just got one she had it out this past weekend . She actually sold her 07 gt500 with a kb mammoth on it and sorts of goodies and bought one . It's ****in imaculate

GrumpyBadger

Reaction score
thanks for sharing!

got a question if y'all don't mind, then back to drooling at the R. How am I the first to "like" the OP's post? Does it work differently here? just wondering. I see a hot car, or funny post, I hit "like" almost involuntarily, so if that's annoying, I'll stop :thumbsup:

back to the Cobra R... man oh man. It's like the "unicorn" around here. Can't believe it's real, but I checked it out. A 1967 Shelby GT500KR. She gets out easily once a week, and he drives her to work, and the Sonic's and another diner's car shows. There's a couple other rarities. But they're all pre 1975. Nothing newer.

I'd almost give anything to have a Rousch or Saleen Track Car or the 5.8L SVT Cobra R...
hmm, maybe that's why I'm here lol :D

that Cobra R literally showed why the Mustang never went out of production, and how they've continued to adapt and make a better car. That car was almost like a "concept" I like to think. And it developed into the beastly coyotes like the BOSS Laguna Seca we have now.

familytruckster

Reaction score
Those are sweet. I did an oil change on one years ago at Jiffy Lube. I saw the underside as it rolled in. (I was the pit guy) and thought "No ****ing way!" Sure enough, it was a genuine R. I gave the owner a bit of crap about the Z06 being faster and having A/C and a radio. LOL.

joser714

Reaction score
Those are sweet. I did an oil change on one years ago at Jiffy Lube. I saw the underside as it rolled in. (I was the pit guy) and thought "No ****ing way!" Sure enough, it was a genuine R. I gave the owner a bit of crap about the Z06 being faster and having A/C and a radio. LOL.
Seriously!!!!! Someone really took a cobra r to a jiffy lube

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
They are cool because they're so rare. A dealership around here had one a few years ago and they couldn't give the damn thing away. For the money they aren't worth it, most people that actually drive their cars want one that's made for the street.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
What's funny is no pics of the '97 limited edition supra, or the FD.

lol

You gave him crap for the wrong thing.

OP
OP
whiplash473

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What number was it

Didn't look

Deff got good taste. Supra. Rx7, cobra r

He's got like 7 Supras, a few RX7s, a lambo, two or three 300ZXs, all kinds of goodies.

Damn sad to think how much of someones ass got lost on that going to a dealer?

He runs more like a small time dealer. Hard to explain but he basically scopes out cars and grabs them as a collector. If someone comes along and buys one then he profits from it. Basically, it was sold from private party to private party.

What's funny is no pics of the '97 limited edition supra, or the FD.

I'll grab some pics of the rest of them next time I head over there. There's not really much that fluffs my panties in terms of that stuff but apparently the want is strong from you guys.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
I mean those 2 cars get the general car guy population hard, as seen in this thread.

They don't tickle my fancy that much, compared to a friggen 2000 R. If those 3 are sitting in a parking lot you'll only need 1 guess as to which one i'm looking at first.

I just thought it was humorous.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online