Codensation/Moisture in headlights? - Solution

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Well i had some moister in my lights last night, i was pretty pissed cause they are practically brand new. Trey suggested using compress air from a compressor, which seemed to be a good idea until i thought it thru and realized compressed air=moisture in the air. Heres the fix..

Remove the headlights,

One at a time set a hairdryer on full blast hot in the bulb hole, let it sit till all moisture is gone, and to top it all off i went and bought some clear silicone and went around the seam of the headlights. So far so good, i will let yall know if my method works out long term.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Re: Codensation/Moisture in your new headlights-Solution inside.

If they have moisture inside them then the seal is broken somewhere and they will continue to do it :-[ :-[. But if the way your fixing it works then you will just have to do that every so often :D, just think of it as NORMAL maintenance :)

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
this takes forever to do, but works... u might burn up a couple hairdryers in the process lol

Knuckles281

Reaction score
you can bake your headlights in the oven to reseal everything. 200 degrees for 30 minutes and the plastic reseals with the rubber. my gf did this to her mustang and it fixed everything just fine. A guy who works with her dad and builds racecars told her about it

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
Knuckles281 said:
you can bake your headlights in the oven to reseal everything. 200 degrees for 30 minutes and the plastic reseals with the rubber. my gf did this to her mustang and it fixed everything just fine. A guy who works with her dad and builds racecars told her about it

for real?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
that's a good idea to get all the moisture dried out.
I'd still caulk it to be sure because the assembly of most of these after market lights is pretty sloppy.

good tip knuckles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online