Coil Heat Shield

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a heat shield for my coil?
Any existing products? or custom fab?
I dont really have any welding experience and my dad's not the best, suppose I could learn...

Old picture, but here's my situation.

NhXC5EOl.jpg

Xq9mbvDl.jpg

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can't see the back side of the coil pack but it looks like you could bend some alumnium or stainless into a "C" or an "O" shape.
And use the long studs on the coilpack to mount the cover to.

Wichers123

Reaction score
I would say no need if it was near a exhaust part then maybe just alittle stick on heat shielding. My vortech bracket puts my coil on top of the valve cover.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I can't see the back side of the coil pack but it looks like you could bend some alumnium or stainless into a "C" or an "O" shape.
And use the long studs on the coilpack to mount the cover to.
That's what I was thinking of doing.
I would say no need if it was near a exhaust part then maybe just alittle stick on heat shielding. My vortech bracket puts my coil on top of the valve cover.
The blower gets hot, dad thinks its cooking the coil. I don't think it is. But wouldn't hurt.

1997gtRioRed

Reaction score
relocate coil and make custom wires. not hard at all and little tools required.

it seems like all a heat shield would do is retain more heat in this setup

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I got an idea. I had to wrap my starter with heat wrap since the longtubes are literally about 2'' away and without the wrap, starter = bye bye. So maybe try buying some heat wrap like off Latemodel, cut and trim the wrap to fit on the back of the coil, attatch with velcro or double sided tape?

JKady

Reaction score
Unless you're killing coils I wouldn't bother, the super-coupes had the coil tucked right up to the blower without all the air-flow you've got and they're fine with it with the smaller Eaton (hEaton) blower. An inexpensive starter heat wrap/blanket might be a solution if it is getting hot, but it may also block air moving across the coil and lead to higher temps.

Only real way to know would be to test it, an infared thermometer/temp gun is cheap and would give you answers on if it's making a difference or a positive impact.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online