Coil overs vs Coil Springs

94Snake

Reaction score
So I still need to upgrade my K-member to a tubular one but I'm trying to decide to stick with my coil springs or upgrade to coil overs. I've been building my car with weekend drag racing as the goal. I'm not much into the taking corners and such. My current coil springs are Eibachs drag launch springs on all four corners with the air bag in the aft rear. Should I switch to coil overs or just get the new k-member and control arms and reuse my coil springs. Thanks for the help!

Greg

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If the car isn't going to see the twisty's then I'd say stick with your coil springs and save some money.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
if you do drag racing, you won't need that beefier k-member set up. If you want a lighter front end, k-member, control arms, and coilers will be the way to go. sheds about 40-60 pounds (so they say). gotta see if 2-3k is worth the weight savings.

Ineedav8

Reaction score
Im doing a upr tubular k with modified 03 cobra arms and upr coil overs on the front of my 96 plan for drag racing and spirited driving

hotmustang95

Reaction score
if you do drag racing, you won't need that beefier k-member set up. If you want a lighter front end, k-member, control arms, and coilers will be the way to go. sheds about 40-60 pounds (so they say). gotta see if 2-3k is worth the weight savings.

Nah, that's why I mentioned UPR. $800 for their chrome moly K member kit. Comes with K member, A arms, and coil over kit.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Nah, that's why I mentioned UPR. $800 for their chrome moly K member kit. Comes with K member, A arms, and coil over kit.
Not bad! Really cheap actually.

sent from the toilet or from my cubicle

alex302

Reaction score
coilovers with tubular arms to save weight and so you can dial in the spring rates and shocks for good weight transfer

OP
OP
94Snake

94Snake

Reaction score
Awesome input! I appreciate the thoughts! I'll probably look into doing the whole coilover front end then! Thanks again!

Greg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online

No members online now.