Coil Packs or COP Suggestions

WolfMxbee

Reaction score
I have seen at car shows that some people relocate there Coil packs or do the COP conversion. Here's my question, I really would love to do the COP but... I have seen that people say it is not ideal or perfect to work with power adders such as twin turbos.. would I be able to bypass this

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
never heard it was bad with adders or anything unless we are talking about just not enough space?

OP
OP
W

WolfMxbee

Reaction score
never heard it was bad with adders or anything unless we are talking about just not enough space?
couldn't find the site I found on that, but they talk about that it wouldn't be able to support a powerful enough spark under boost or could possibly detonate or extinguish under boost

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would be interested to see where you saw that. As I recall we have some fairly high power guys with COP conversions.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think in any high boost application you run into the problem of not enough spark but I though COP was part of the solution to that myself. From what I understood the only down side that kept people away was the price to play.

Monsterbishi

Reaction score
Spark quality comes down to one key aspect - quantity of coils, having one coil trying to supply the current for eight cylinders means that as RPM's rise past the halfway mark, spark strength diminishes significantly, leading to blowout or failed ignition.

Coil on plug setups are a two-edged sword, they have the advantage of eliminating the HT leads, but then become subject to heat soak which is the most common reason for failure for plug mounted coils.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think a lot of that problem just has to do with poor mounting location myself. I have seen how the modular guys like to hid them under the intake and it looks great but I can't imagine it aids in performance. Its on my list of things I would like to do just more then I want to pay for at the moment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online