Coil Packs

wopony98

Reaction score
Has anyone done any research on Coil packs? Is there any benefit in upgrading these? If so what is the recommendation on this. I still have my stock coil packs on my 98 Cobra and wondering if I should replace these?

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would like to know the answer to this ? to. Back in the day of distributors and coils, a coil distributor swap made a big difference. But I don't know about with these engines, but my thinking would be yes it would make a difference.

4.6snake

Reaction score
from what i have heard over the years the stock coil packs work very well. if there not broke, i wouldnt change them.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
4.6snake said:
from what i have heard over the years the stock coil packs work very well. if there not broke, i wouldnt change them.

I have seen the same on almost every board I visit, if they are working fine let them be.

Unless you just want something to buy, then get the screaming deamon coil packs.........I've seen them on a few cars, they look cool

94gtstang50

Reaction score
I saw the msd packs and thew look sweet as well. But like everyone else has said if they work fine keep 'em.

OP
OP
W

wopony98

Reaction score
Okay so I get the concensus is not broken don't worry about it. Then my second question is if this effects spark and such is there any performance gain in replacing these?? I am going to go out on a limb and say from above comments that the answer would be no?

94gtstang50

Reaction score
I've heard that they help a little on the top end, but not as much as putting a 6AL system on a 5.0.

whty98

Reaction score
The screamin' demons boast a gain in power and gas milage, you also have to regap your spark plugs and better wires. I don't know much about MSD's but they should be just as good hopefully. I've heard of moisture getting in the stock ones, but that was aftef 120K. If you have the money laying around, get em, but if it ain't broken....

digdugdaddy

Reaction score
Well I had some extra money and bought the Screamin' Deamon coil packs and wires. They look freaking awesome for one and I did notice about 1 more mpg with them. I didn't have a dyno before and after but with them, I did have a nice linear raise in power on my graph with no spikes or dips. If you want them get. If you don't need new ones, I would wait until you did.

blackfang

Reaction score
The stock coil packs have supported up to 1500 hp Modular engines. No need to change to aftermarket unless they arent working.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online