Coil problems....help

Z28 This

Reaction score
i just put on FMS 9mm wires and the coil wire wont go onto the stock coil terminal...the coil terminal is too short and the wire is too long for the stock coil...and im wondering if anyone else has had this problem??? and what to do... :(

ryclef331

Reaction score
Z28 This said:
i just put on FMS 9mm wires and the coil wire wont go onto the stock coil...the coil is too short and the wire is too long for the stock coil...and im wondering if anyone else has had this problem??? and what to do... :(

I can't really picture what you're saying your problem is. Its not making sense to me. Any spark plug wire will work. I run all MSD wires on my car to the plugs....but when I relocated my coil, I needed a longer wire. I temporarily used the plug wire off a chevy truck....its still on there actually. If you have to have a wire long enough, on of your stock plug wires can work. If you're saying the boot is too long to snap on to the end of the coil, take a razor and cut a lil off....no biggie.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Ok....

YOU bought a plug wire kit for an OLD style distributor. If you ever look at an older model ford or any car thats non-HEI for that matter, the coil plug will look like this on the distributor.

mp-distributor%20cap%20ford.jpg

Instead of this like on ours...

B000BWDWES.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Really, you've just got a really short boot on the plug wire. You can take some WD40 on an old plug wire down in the boot, slip it off and slip it on to this new wire....otherwise, you're going to need a different wire...unless you want to rewire an old style coil....personally, I'd just get a new boot on the end of the wire.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online