Coilover springs size (yes another one)

Caboose302

Reaction score
Ok so after scrolling through pages and pages of threads there's been a lot of talk about spring rates for coilovers but not a whole lot about sizes. I'm wanting to go MAYBE a half inch lower than I am now (2.5"). I'm going with the Strange adjustable struts, hypercoil springs and Strange coilover kit, but I asked Strange and they weren't sure about height. I asked a buddy who had them on a T/A and he said he ran a 14" spring so he could dial in preload on track days and loosen it up a bit in between. I'm not really worried about track days just want a good look. Leaning towards the 12" 375# springs. Also with being that low should I go with a Fox strut? Do people still do that?

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
My front is dropped around 3" and I've always ran SN95 struts and the ride is great. Just make sure the struts you're getting can handle the 375 lb-in springs.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have fox Strange 10-ways on mine and they work great.

I would at most get a 12" spring. I'm running 10"/300# springs on mine and they are almost maxed out for my drop. However I believe 12" will be just enough for the drop you're looking for. I'm also assuming this is mainly a street/corner car if you're geared towards #375 springs as they are on the stiffer side of the spectrum.

OP
OP
Caboose302

Caboose302

Reaction score
I have fox Strange 10-ways on mine and they work great.

I would at most get a 12" spring. I'm running 10"/300# springs on mine and they are almost maxed out for my drop. However I believe 12" will be just enough for the drop you're looking for. I'm also assuming this is mainly a street/corner car if you're geared towards #375 springs as they are on the stiffer side of the spectrum.

Yeah its not going to be a DD anymore so the stiffness won't bother me. I'll probably get the 10" 350# with the Fox strut. Ordering them next month with my wheels so we'll see how they work! If it gets me anything close to your stance I'll be happy lol. Now to find a roller for the wheelwells.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
375lbs - 10" in front, 225lbs - 9" (with helpers) in the rear (also with a pan hard bar). Rides stiff, though not "bad." Car is not daily driven. Also this is with Koni SA SN95 strut/shocks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online