cold air intake WARM

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
Ok I have a cold air intake I don’t know what brand a friend of mine gave it to me out of his fox I cut it up and made a bracket or two and bam it works the K&N filter is in the fender last night after a run up the free way I was a the corner store checking out my engine when I touched my intake tube and it was very warm how cold could a cold air intake be when the tubing is warm. Should I put heat wrap on it like you can get at homedepot for heater vents or should I just let it be

Spyder

Reaction score
Well, if its one of the polished metal ones its gonna absorb and retain the heat from the rest of the engine. The cold air more refers to the location of the filter pulling in "cold" air from outside of the engine compartment. I personally im trying to either find a plastic ones like the JLT's, or see about making my own.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've never seen a wrapped intake, should work if you don't mind the look of it.

Plastic is better - like Spyder said.

97WhitePony

Reaction score
JLT makes a killer intake for our cars (along with the "new edges") ... also try Densecharger... they were the first company to make them all plastic... i have a MAF to fender intake... i love the hell outta it :bunny3:

95STANG

Reaction score
I have chrome also, gets super hot, chopped it to make more of a ram air intake so it just sucks up hot air until about 15mph. Im def. going to go with a plastic intake in the near future.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ditch the metal for a PVC system...make your own or order a ready made kit from www.demolet.com or JLT.
but here is one wrapped in header wrap just to see how it looks.

Enginebay.jpg

97vertstang

Reaction score
i would rather buy a plastic intake than a metal one.the header wrap eliminates the whole reason for buying a chrome one.

Spyder

Reaction score
:rant: Man it would be nice if one of those copanies would make a damn plastic intake, full length, that fits the 94-95 5.0l! :rant:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
97vertstang said:
i would rather buy a plastic intake than a metal one.the header wrap eliminates the whole reason for buying a chrome one.

I had a C&L that wasn't chrome....it could have used some header wrap. I think that may be what is in the picture above.
I like my pastic Demolet much better...

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Spyder said:
:rant: Man it would be nice if one of those copanies would make a damn plastic intake, full length, that fits the 94-95 5.0l! :rant:
If you contact JP Demolet at www.demolet.com and tell him what you want i bet he will help you out. Give him a call or email. I talked with him a few times when i was ordering and he's a really nice guy. Hell if you email him give him a link to here and maybe you 94-95 guys can get a group buy...then he'll be more inclined to design a full lenth CAI for your cars.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
97WhitePony said:
JLT makes a killer intake for our cars (along with the "new edges") ... also try Densecharger... they were the first company to make them all plastic... i have a MAF to fender intake... i love the hell outta it :bunny3:

yep the JLT kit kicks asssssss :dancing6: :dancing6:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online