Come across a net Shelby Cobra yet?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
On the street I mean ;D seen the first one on the street today on the way home. Lucky for him I was in my work truck and not in the Cobra or we would have seen how fast that 4000 pound retro car REALLY IS :D :D They look sick as hell :eek: :eek: I would love to have one, however I'm still stuck on a Terminator 8) plus the price difference is enough to be admitted into the hospital for cornary stress :'(

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
On the street I mean ;D seen the first one on the street today on the way home. Lucky for him I was in my work truck and not in the Cobra or we would have seen how fast that 4000 pound retro car REALLY IS :D :D They look sick as hell :eek: :eek: I would love to have one, however I'm still stuck on a Terminator 8) plus the price difference is enough to be admitted into the hospital for cornary stress :'(

x2 on everything you said. id like to roll up on one. id get my stuff pounded in but itd be fun.

97vertstang

Reaction score
saw one today at a car show, they look nicer in person than in the magazine, they still expensive though!!!!

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I havn't seen one driving but I saw one at a cruise night, red convert. I liked it but it wasnt really that impressed either, id never spend the money on it.

MyBoxersSayJoe

Reaction score
whty98 said:
MyBoxersSayJoe said:
started one up a few months ago.

nothing too impressive.

HAHA :D I hope you're kidding

i'm not kidding. my car's the silver vert in the back. but i've also had rides in the new z06 and the ford gt, and to be honest, the z06 is beyond a beast.
gt500ui0.jpg

gt5002wp3.jpg

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
MyBoxersSayJoe said:
whty98 said:
MyBoxersSayJoe said:
started one up a few months ago.

nothing too impressive.

HAHA :D I hope you're kidding

i'm not kidding. my car's the silver vert in the back. but i've also had rides in the new z06 and the ford gt, and to be honest, the z06 is beyond a beast.
gt500ui0.jpg

gt5002wp3.jpg

maybe if the Shelby didnt weight about 800 POUNDS more than the Z06 it would feel as good :nonono:

MyBoxersSayJoe

Reaction score
my friend's z06 vs. my other friend's ford gt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqM5kSnKWlw
z06 had a tune and otherwise stock, the gt has the svt racing exhaust i think.

i love my stang, but the only other one i'd actually ever buy would be a 67 gt500e. i absolutely adore eleanor. i have my sights set on bigger fish within the next two years, though.

whty98

Reaction score
You have some badass friends. What are you going after next? do you have any power adders to your GT? to keep up w. those freakin awesome cars

MyBoxersSayJoe

Reaction score
whty98 said:
You have some badass friends. What are you going after next? do you have any power adders to your GT? to keep up w. those freakin awesome cars

nah, all through h.s. i wanted to do a built motor and tt it, now i have the money to and i lost all the desire. i'm worried about having a car that's in the shop more than on the road. i'll see how shit plays out over the next year, but i'd love to pick up another toy for myself that'd be up there with those cars. i'd also like to help my dad get a c6 z06 in the next few years, since we forced him to sell his '65 stingray convertible.

96gt226410

Reaction score
I've personally drove one and they're not that impressive. It's too heavy. They rev nice and have good power all through the broadband, but something is missing. I think it's the hype. It was sooo looked foward to... The Ford GT was too much of a race car for me. It's uncomfortable. I'd rather have a modded Termonator. But hey, just my opinion.

MyBoxersSayJoe

Reaction score
my friend just did the bullrun with his ford gt. got pulled over doing 190 in cali. other friend in a supercharged vette was walking away from him at 200+. no tickets. didn't have him clocked in on radar. it'll probably be on the next dvd he puts out.

www.superspeeders.com
have done some filming for them.

Shangsta

Reaction score
Yeah im not that impressed with them. But the new z06 is definitly making an impact in my world. I want one soo badly

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Shangsta said:
Yeah im not that impressed with them. But the new z06 is definitly making an impact in my world. I want one soo badly

If the cobra had been made exactly right, it would have the same hoop lahh the Z06 is getting

MyBoxersSayJoe

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Shangsta said:

If the cobra had been made exactly right, it would have the same hoop lahh the Z06 is getting

aerodynamics and handling say otherwise.
1/4 mile, maybe. but the bodystyle wouldn't allow 200+. nor do i think it'd be nearly as fast around the 'ring.

didn't they do an fr500 with this current gen? i saw a mag cover with a 500hp n/a stang. that'd pique my interest if it was a good 500-700 lbs. lighter than the gt500. or if they put the gt500 on a serious diet and got it around 3200 lbs. that'd be awesome. the new vette's going to decimate the current z06, probably.

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Yea the new Z06 is fast.... :blah2: ....but at the end of the day its still a POS GM product that already has the roof falling off and in 70,000 miles the whole car will probably fall apart. :drunk:

MyBoxersSayJoe

Reaction score
Stopsign32v said:
Yea the new Z06 is fast.... :blah2: ....but at the end of the day its still a POS GM product that already has the roof falling off and in 70,000 miles the whole car will probably fall apart. :drunk:

funny you should say that....same z06 as in the video above with the ford gt:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeO56-smgxI

all my childhood my dad had a '65 stingray convertible. i absolutely adores the car. so i grew up with vettes. got the mustang on my 15th birthday. the exhaust is what sold us. fun car, i love it to death, sounds phenominal, but i could never put it in anywhere near the same league as the z06.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online