Comment Thread for TRUUBLE's Build Thread

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Yeah . . lol. I'm confused too. But, I was told to start a new comment thread in Member's Rides . . . so here it is. The build thread has links to this thread.

S

scarface

Hi Im in this thread now....I dont know what to comment on this time ??? I got your back maybe?

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Dude . . I can't wait. I may be doing a set of Roush prepped Yates heads with Jesel shaft rockers . . . . :bunny3:

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
Dude . . I can't wait. I may be doing a set of Roush prepped Yates heads with Jesel shaft rockers . . . . :bunny3:

That would be 100% kick ass!

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
uncltrvlnmatt said:
That would be 100% kick ass!

Yes it would. :boink: I'm dropping my Hi-Ports off with my builder on Monday so he can put them on the flow bench and see if they will work . . . I'm kind of hoping he says no and I have to take the deal on these Yates heads. They are Winston Cup heads and will probably need a bit of finish porting to work. But . . they have massive 2.125 intakes . . lol . . beer can sized. :banana:

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
You could drop a golf ball through those intake runners. How big are the exhaust?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Out with the kick ass old, and in with the bigger better kick ass new!

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
uncltrvlnmatt said:
You could drop a golf ball through those intake runners. How big are the exhaust?

Just the regular 1.60.

Dalamar said:

This mutha is gonna flat haul ass . . . YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAW

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
uncltrvlnmatt said:

Just the regular 1.60.

Dalamar said:

This mutha is gonna flat haul ass . . . YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAW

I would think that such a small exhaust valve would slow the exhale, and kill any gains with that huge intake. But Roush/Yates knows a whole lot more than me.

Are those NASCAR heads? That would explain the small exhaust ports. They also may not be the best for your aplication if they are, they would be designed for a constant high RPM, not the constant high's and low's of drag racing. That is why most everybody that runs a drag car with a 351 Cleavland uses the 2bbl heads instead of the 4bbl heads. The valves are just to big in the 4bbl heads.

But like I said Roush/Yates and your engine builder know a whole hell of allot more than me.

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
uncltrvlnmatt said:
I would think that such a small exhaust valve would slow the exhale, and kill any gains with that huge intake. But Roush/Yates knows a whole lot more than me.

Are those NASCAR heads? That would explain the small exhaust ports. They also may not be the best for your aplication if they are, they would be designed for a constant high RPM, not the constant high's and low's of drag racing. That is why most everybody that runs a drag car with a 351 Cleavland uses the 2bbl heads instead of the 4bbl heads. The valves are just to big in the 4bbl heads.

But like I said Roush/Yates and your engine builder know a whole hell of allot more than me.

Yeah, I know the new SC!s have a bigger exhaust. But, most of the heads on the market have a 1.60 exhaust. You know we are talking about a 427 stroker here . . not a big block . . right?

Check this article from 5.0 magazine about these heads . http://www.mustang50magazine.com/techarticles/14625/

I'm not paying the price that's in the article . .lol. But, I will get my Jesel shaft rockers from Roush if I go that route.

As far as rpms are concerned, I'm running a 4500 stall . . so my rpms stay pretty high. We are building this engine to rev to 8500-9000 rpm :noes:

Snakebit said:
::) ::) im waiting on something to comment on ;D

You could comment on how smart and handsome I am . . . . :pimp2:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
uncltrvlnmatt said:

Yeah, I know the new SC!s have a bigger exhaust. But, most of the heads on the market have a 1.60 exhaust. You know we are talking about a 427 stroker here . . not a big block . . right?

Check this article from 5.0 magazine about these heads . http://www.mustang50magazine.com/techarticles/14625/

I'm not paying the price that's in the article . .lol. But, I will get my Jesel shaft rockers from Roush if I go that route.

As far as rpms are concerned, I'm running a 4500 stall . . so my rpms stay pretty high. We are building this engine to rev to 8500-9000 rpm :noes:

Snakebit said:
::) ::) im waiting on something to comment on ;D

You could comment on how smart and handsome I am . . . . :pimp2:

OK you good looking hunk of masculinity you 8)

;D ;D

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Flying Toilet:

SORRY UPGRADING FORUMS, ATTACHMENT WAS ERASED, YOU NEED TO REUPLOAD!

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Can't wait to see it sitting on top of my 427!!! :dancing6:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
uncltrvlnmatt said:
That is why most everybody that runs a drag car with a 351 Cleavland uses the 2bbl heads instead of the 4bbl heads. The valves are just to big in the 4bbl heads.
Amen to that! Exactly why I got the 2V Cleveland for my 67.
you wouldn't believe how many people immediately ask if it's the 4V, then proceede to tell me how the 4v is so much better :blah2:
Newbs.

I wanna see some pics of those heads Truuble!
Are you going with a fab'd up intake, or do they make one you can flush into?

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
Amen to that! Exactly why I got the 2V Cleveland for my 67.
you wouldn't believe how many people immediately ask if it's the 4V, then proceede to tell me how the 4v is so much better :blah2:
Newbs.
I wanna see some pics of those heads Truuble!
Are you going with a fab'd up intake, or do they make one you can flush into?

Edelbrock makes an SVO Glidden drag racing intake that is designed for the Yates heads. If I buy the heads, the intake comes with them:

SORRY UPGRADING FORUMS, ATTACHMENT WAS ERASED, YOU NEED TO REUPLOAD!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online