Comparing upper intake plenums

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by bleroy, Jan 8, 2015.

1. bleroy

bleroy New Member

I am purchasing an upper intake plenum soon and I have been comparing ones on AmericanMuscle. I was going to buy the SR performance one. I know it's not a high end brand, but it's in my budget and has fairly good reviews. It's $139. I also found a used trickflow upper intake with a 75mm throttle body for $100. I wouldn't use the 75mm right now, but could save it for future mods. Which is the better option? Which will yield better numbers? I just need someone with experience with these products or knowledge of them to help me out. Thanks in advance!

2. Tony

Tony Legend

i have the sr plenum now....had it on my old gt as well. also had the accufab setup. i honestly felt a difference with the accufab more than i do with the sr but i like it. looks good too. $140 for a part to help ya get a few more horse and look good is good to go imo. i say get it.

3. Ferocious

Ferocious Legend SN95 Supporter

I have the trick flow plenum with a 75mm tb and it works just fine. I would rather go back to a stock plenum before putting some chinese made crap like SR. If you don't have the money right now... wait.