Compression loss on 5,6,7??

Ineedav8

Reaction score
Welp I'm trying to avoid putting the teksid in the car but I'm afraid the motor won't just buff out. Hope to do a leak down test and find the problem. What would cause it? That side maybe just jumped a tooth? Popped a headgasket? It's not a big deal if it's easier to just swap it but it's bugging me I don't know whats wrong. I do have an exhaust leak near the header that feels pretty major haven't looked into it tho after the compression test

1-4 mid 120's
5-7 60's and 90's and 8 was a solid 120

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Squirt oil into the cylinders then compression test. If compression comes back....you got bigger problems! Like piston rings are shop, hole in piston.

Long story short, that many cylinders toast, I would swap the engine out.

OP
OP
Ineedav8

Ineedav8

Reaction score
They jumped to 130-140 all 3 I did that after I read a hotrod article before i did a compression test did a teaspoon of oil compression tested after i let it warm up a bit

OP
OP
Ineedav8

Ineedav8

Reaction score
But but but
dc71933e710622920cea8986c96c1b4c.jpg

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah 2V 4 Lyfe..... :snoopfacepalm:

I wouldn't mind a 4V though honestly but I have way too much money in 2V specific parts.

OP
OP
Ineedav8

Ineedav8

Reaction score
I totally forgot about that lol I've also contemplated on a darkside swap that i wont mention but cant do it to my pride and joy

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
You got a Bunton mover!!? Thats some really nice Ky made equipment. Well....used to be a ky made product. Not sure anymore.

I agree with these guys, just swap your 2v heads on to of the 4v short block. The old B heads prove to be the most trouble free 4v heads. I can understand your desire for performance. Youll have a real nice compression bump swapping in the 2v heads and still be able to retain all the exsisting setup and cams. A tune will be needed afterwards. Youll be limited to a moderate cam upgrade cause of ptv clearances.

OP
OP
Ineedav8

Ineedav8

Reaction score
You got a Bunton mover!!? Thats some really nice Ky made equipment. Well....used to be a ky made product. Not sure anymore.

I agree with these guys, just swap your 2v heads on to of the 4v short block. The old B heads prove to be the most trouble free 4v heads. I can understand your desire for performance. Youll have a real nice compression bump swapping in the 2v heads and still be able to retain all the exsisting setup and cams. A tune will be needed afterwards. Youll be limited to a moderate cam upgrade cause of ptv clearances.
Yeah. Lol. Me and my dad picked it up for cheap when the craftsman crapped out.

I did think about c head swap port matching the 96 lower then 96/98 cams etc etc 4 valve stuff

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I don't like the 4.8 or 5.3 truck engines. They are weak and really only relevant with boost. I also don't like cross breeding engines, but some parts are ok. I'm using ls2 coils on my 2v lol.

OP
OP
Ineedav8

Ineedav8

Reaction score
Yeah ill be honest i do think some motor swaps are ridiculously cool but ls is way to overplayed when theres equally if not better motors for cheaper or more
And im not the only one then lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online