Compression Test Results

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think what you mentioned before is a very real possibility. You may have cracked the timeserts.

When I had my head repaired, I used an all brass plug insert installed. They had to remove the heads to do so, but it was more or less a hefty timesert.

Prior to that, my spark plug would blow out and smack into the fender. While it was pretty neat, it was not good for anything lol.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I think what you mentioned before is a very real possibility. You may have cracked the timeserts.

When I had my head repaired, I used an all brass plug insert installed. They had to remove the heads to do so, but it was more or less a hefty timesert.

Prior to that, my spark plug would blow out and smack into the fender. While it was pretty neat, it was not good for anything lol.

That's interesting. It definitely is odd that I'm getting this real loud air blowout when threading into a few spark plug holes. I'll see if I can get a good look down into the hole, but like you said more than likely I'll have to pull the head to truly get a good look. I actually might be able to get them out if I let the car get to temp and try to take the plugs out, but if the heads aren't damaged I'd like to avoid damaging them. I'll take another look at the timeserts the best I can

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Obviously try some easier fixes first. But worst case scenario, it never hurts to do the head gaskets lol.

Then you just take a look at all of them. But most machine shops should carry the beefy version I mentioned before. When I get cracking on my next build I am going to do every plug like that so I don't have to worry about stripping the aluminum (what I did the first time to have the need for the brass insert lol)

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
97stanger did you ever get this figured out?

I have a new build thread going. I trashed 3 Pistons and scored those cylinder walls and had to go .030 on the block. Was happy I found a problem though after ripping it all down haha. To me it looked like oil starvation, and my pickup tube being clogged couldn't have helped. My new build is in the build section

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell