Continue to build the 96 or others options

Boomer!

Reaction score
Ok well here is the deal, I have currently a totally gutted 96 gt that I was planning to build into a comp eliminator car which will cost nearly $30,000 :( . I have been asked to purchase a '92 notch former renegade class with a built 408 and huge nitrous system for $13,900 that is bottom up completely restored and built to boogie. I have had people suggest I go with option 1 but I have already had the car there once and got bored. I have about $20000 to play with, figure that will not finish option 3 but will get the frame and tools I don't have. Option 3 would be a several year project so saving money down the road to finish is possible..... Confused ??????

Keep in mind I do have a servere back injury and crawling around is noy much fun anymore (unless I'm drunk ) I would like to see what opinions people have so vota away and express why you made your choice......

Thanks,
Boomer :)

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'd say go for building the sn95, especially if it's already gutted and ready for love.

but if money and yoru back bothering you is more of a weight, you gotta do what works for ya.
personally I don't like Notch's, but that's just me. I hate the interior in those things.

Are you going for a street car or a Race only car?

OP
OP
B

Boomer!

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
I'd say go for building the sn95, especially if it's already gutted and ready for love.

but if money and yoru back bothering you is more of a weight, you gotta do what works for ya.
personally I don't like Notch's, but that's just me. I hate the interior in those things.

Are you going for a street car or a Race only car?
I really like my 96 and plan to keep it, I want something for the woodwar cruise and there is no way I'm going to have mine running by then. This notch would only be used once in a great while for the street, it is not a pump gas car and is barely street legal. I was thinking of throwing the 96 back to semi stock and make more of a DD than a racecar....

Again opinions are welcome, I don't offend easy.... :comando:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Buy the built car for $14k and put the rest into the 96 and turn that into a Fun Street car...
Thats what mine is for...400rwhp is plenty for playing around and having fun and i'm betting you have enough parts laying around to get the 96 back together with minimal $$$$.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I voted for a tube frame on the SN95, but I honestly believe the notch would be the smarter option for you.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
Buy the built car for $14k and put the rest into the 96 and turn that into a Fun Street car...
Thats what mine is for...400rwhp is plenty for playing around and having fun and i'm betting you have enough parts laying around to get the 96 back together with minimal $$$$.

+1

OP
OP
B

Boomer!

Reaction score
Well if the guy holds it for me, for a week or two I will have the Notch. I will be putting the 96 back together as I do still have alot of high quality parts for a nice fast daily driver. I may sell it once it is done, as the 92 will require lots of maint. to keep it runnung at the track. Thanks all for your opinions 8)

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck with them.

We'd sure like to see your build threads :)

OP
OP
B

Boomer!

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
Good luck with them.

We'd sure like to see your build threads :)

I wish I had time to build my own stuff .LOL I believe I watched yours go together on one of the sites, nice ride and very nice work !!!!!

IEC Stang

Reaction score
I would do what DropTopPony said. That way u will have 2 sweet mustangs instead of just one.

OP
OP
B

Boomer!

Reaction score
MustangMatt96GT said:
hey man did you get it? I see it in your pic! lol

It is considered mine as mine, he will hold it for me until sept 9. This is a bad A** stang no doubt, estimated horsepower should be near 650 rwhp without the bottle ,the car does need a few finishing touches but nothing to bad. I'll get a few pics up soon........

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online